Registry View Sorting v2.5x

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
vld

Registry View Sorting v2.5x

Post by vld »

One thing I always found annoying is that the view sorting does not work across all options when you are viewing the registry vs viewing the folder. The only option which works is the Name. If you click on any other option like Data/Time or Size, nothing happens. But....if you select the Right pane & Sort by and select any of the options, the registry screen does get changed.

Is this by design?
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Re: Registry View Sorting v2.5x

Post by Jan Rysavy »

Yes, it is not implemented (sorting by additional columns in plugins), we have it on our todo list.
jcgriff2

Post by jcgriff2 »

`

I found a work-around for sorting the Registry; not sure if it has been mentioned or not.

I go into the Registry, then go into c: or d:, etc... in the same panel, then sort it by date, then in the same panel again, click back on the Registry -- and now it is sorted by date as well.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

J. C. Griffith
Microsoft MVP
Windows Expert - IT Pro
http://mvp.microsoft.com/en-us/mvp/John%20C.%20Griffith-4025562
Jan Patera
Plugin Developer
Plugin Developer

Post by Jan Patera »

vld wrote:One thing I always found annoying is that the view sorting does not work across all options when you are viewing the registry vs viewing the folder. The only option which works is the Name. If you click on any other option like Data/Time or Size, nothing happens. But....if you select the Right pane & Sort by and select any of the options, the registry screen does get changed.

Is this by design?
Indeed the behavior of the Sort by menu is not consistent with the behavior after clicking the panel column headers... Looks like the menu can do more than the column headers.