Salamander 2.52 Fails File Comparison

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Re: Salamander 2.52 Fails File Comparison

Post by Jan Rysavy »

vld wrote:File Compare also shows a file miscompare, but MD5 hash value of each file matches.
Could you please take (PNG) screenshot of the Plugins > File Comparator window? Please show us the difference.
Something like attached screenshot (but bigger ;-) ).
diff.png
diff.png (19.71 KiB) Viewed 6226 times
vld wrote:I used 2 different apps to check/create MD5's. One was HashTab and the other was QSFV. Both created matching MD5 files.
Edit: did you test both files also with Altap Salamander Checksum plugin? This whole thing sounds really weird.
vld

Post by vld »

I will rerun the tests and capture screens and will also verify with Salamander plugin
vld

Post by vld »

I give up. :oops: Aparently there is a problem and I will have to pay closer attention to it from now on. :x
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

vld, maybe it would be a good idea to run Memtest86+ or Memtest86 over night.

Until you will find the problem, I will mark this bug as solved. It looks like problem outside Altap Salamander.
MartinS

Post by MartinS »

Sorry I didn't read the whole communication in detail, but looking at your pictures I would ask: are you sure there are no hidden files in your directories?

EDIT: because it often happens to me: I compare directories - they are different, I go inside - no difference, I press Ctrl-H and re-compare and voila difference in hidden files.
Last edited by MartinS on 07 Nov 2009, 21:27, edited 1 time in total.
vld

Post by vld »

Both are identical
therube

Post by therube »

I & J are what, HDD volumes or Optical drives? (The icons make them look like optical.)
If HDD, might make sense to run the drive manufactures diagnostic to check for problems. (Be sure & run in non-destructive mode.)
WinXP Pro SP3 or Win7 x86 | SS 2.54