AS251 & 252 - Creating Directory

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
vld

AS251 & 252 - Creating Directory

Post by vld »

I stumbled on this by accident today and I tried to create a directory and accidentally hit ENTER on a blank name.
I think it should say:
Blank Name Not Allowed
Ether

Re: AS251 & 252 - Creating Directory

Post by Ether »

It's not about what's allowed and what's not. One of the things that define a directory is it's name - a directory without a name would have no sense. Therefore, I don't think so :).
Ελληνικά rulez.
vld

Post by vld »

Empty name has no sense here is poor grammar

Also, a Directory without a name is not allowed
SelfMan

Post by SelfMan »

You could also do nothing on enter when the field is empty and not display any errors...
vld

Post by vld »

You don't get it.....if you don't do anything and hit ENTER, you get the error. Getting the error if fine, but the displayed message is poor grammar, it does not mean anything. A better message to be displayed would be something to the affect of "Name not Allowed" since a BLANK name IS NOT allowed.
th.

Post by th. »

I think a polite hint like "Please enter a directory name" would be the best in this situation.

Or even better the OK-button could be enabled only when the input field is not empty, therefore preventing a mistake.