BootCamp 3 & Mac OS X Units

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
abeneventi

BootCamp 3 & Mac OS X Units

Post by abeneventi »

Dear Altap Team, with the release of the new Apple Snow Leopard a new set of Windows Drivers is shipped: this is BootCamp 3.0

With these new drivers it is now possible to browse Mac OS X drives from Windows in read only mode. When I try to do this i get an error message (in italian) that can be traslated as follows:

"(1168) Unable to find element".

I cannot browse the drive using Altap Salamander 2.52 B2. Using Windows Explorer everything works fine.

You can find the screenshow as an attachment to this post.

Best regards

Alessandro
Attachments
error.png
error.png (8.4 KiB) Viewed 7200 times
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Re: BootCamp 3 & Mac OS X Units

Post by Jan Rysavy »

Please report this problem to Apple, it is some issue in their drivers.
abeneventi

Post by abeneventi »

I do not believe it is a problem with the driver since using Windows Explorer everything works fine.

Alessandro
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

Windows Explorer is probably not using the same Windows API functions as Salamander does.
This problem is not reported by Windows users so the problem must be related to Apple OS X / BootCamp.
Slanec

Post by Slanec »

read as: "We have no idea how they've hacked it together, we don't have a Mac nearby and no time spare to look around for one. Sorry."

However, I personally believe that a bug report from AS developers themselves would be considered more serious at Apple...
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

It doesn't sound like good idea to report some problem we cannot reproduce and we didn't see personally.

As soon as other (Windows) users will confirm this problem, we will spend our time on it. Please see http://forum.altap.cz/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3103

It is really not in the interest of Altap Salamander users right now, I hope you understand it.
Jan Patera
Plugin Developer
Plugin Developer

Post by Jan Patera »

abeneventi wrote:I do not believe it is a problem with the driver since using Windows Explorer everything works fine.
Alessandro, have you tried for example other file managers? Can you for example open a file from that drive using MS Word or other your favorite application?
Ether

Post by Ether »

Maybe two ProcMon dumps (from when using Explorer and from when the error occurs in AS) could clarify which API calls are improperly supported in the driver, but still, you'd have to report it to Apple.
Ελληνικά rulez.