Drag and Drop from Salamander to Thunderbird

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
jastoneii

Drag and Drop from Salamander to Thunderbird

Post by jastoneii »

I am unable to drag and drop files from Salamander 3.08 (x64) to Thunderbird. I used to be able to do it with Salamander 2.5x versions. Is the problem because Thunderbird is a 32bit program?

Regards,

Jeff
SvA

Re: Drag and Drop from Salamander to Thunderbird

Post by SvA »

Do they both run as the same user and with the same integrity (UAC elevation level)?
therube

Post by therube »

Sounds like a 32/64-bit issue.

You can always try the 32-bit version of Salamander & see if you're able to d&d from that.

I couldn't d&d from Salamander x64 into SeaMonkey x86's "Calendar".
WinXP Pro SP3 or Win7 x86 | SS 2.54
jastoneii

Post by jastoneii »

Thanks,SvA. I thought both programs were being run as administrator. But when I upgraded Salamander to 3.08, I let it Pin the program to the taskbar rather than my doing it. Consequently, the Pin initiation of the program was not set to run the program as Administrator. I Unpinned it. then set properties to Run as Administrator and then re-pinned it to the task bar. Now drag and drop to Thunderbird is working fine!