FTP settings gone again.

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
Steve2106

FTP settings gone again.

Post by Steve2106 »

Hi There,
Salamander came up with an error again today and advising to delete configuration which I did.
I opened Salamander and chose to import one of my saved configuration files.
When the prompt dialog window opened asking if I am sure I want to continue, I closed Salamander then clicked yes.
I open Salamander and my FTP's are still missing. This has been a big issue for me a few times and I find it the only failing of Salamander.
How do I get my FTP's back? As you can see in the attachment I do export and backup but the FTP's do not return.

A little help please.

Best Regards,

Steve.
Attachments
4Altap-09122016.jpg
4Altap-09122016.jpg (65.11 KiB) Viewed 7560 times
Petr Solin
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Re: FTP settings gone again.

Post by Petr Solin »

Start Notepad and open file with exported configuration. You should see line 3 similar to this:
[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Altap\Altap Salamander 3.06]

You can find out what version of configuration you have exported (and now imported). Line above means version 3.06. If it is not the same version as your installed Salamander, you can use it this way:
-close all Salamanders
-start RegEdit.exe
-open key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Altap
-find subkey for installed version of Salamander, e.g. Altap Salamander 3.07 for version 3.07
-rename this subkey e.g. to Altap Salamander 3.07.backup
-start Salamander, it will open Welcome dialog and will ask what version of old configuration you want to import
-select the version from your file with exported configuration. I expect you have imported it to registry already, if not, just double-click its file.
Steve2106

Post by Steve2106 »

Hi Petr,

Perfect, They are back, Phew.
I have around 24 FTP sites and this would have been a nightmare to have to setup again.

I have version 3.07 and using your method I imported from 3.06

Thanks again.

Best Regards,

Steve.
Petr Solin
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Petr Solin »

Great!

I'm curious how it is possible to corrupt configuration. I expect you had running Salamander on your computer when you initiated shutdown, is it right?

If yes, did you forced shutdown (killed forcefully all running applications)? Or it happened after common shutdown without any action to speed up shutdown?

What's version of your Windows? (Windows 7/8.1/10? 32-/64-bit?)

Thanks!