application stops responding and gives no info

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
jwatersphd

application stops responding and gives no info

Post by jwatersphd »

in windows 10, servant salamander just freezes, and cannot be closed by most normal means, i.e., task manager or checking the Resource Monitor's wait chain. it's not even listed, in computer management, as a service. I've tried to reinstall it from a downloaded file, e.g., as307x64, but eventually it still hangs and refuses to even be terminated. I am wondering if I have to eliminate it from the registry by hand, or use some other drastic uninstall procedure, and then reinstall it. It's a great program, but it's really fallen apart on my machine, a dell inspiron. When I go to computer management for event viewer, there is no mention of anything occurring with it, either.
SelfMan

Re: application stops responding and gives no info

Post by SelfMan »

A bad shell extensions is In most cases the cause of a freeze. Have you recently installed an app which adds "features" to the context menu?
P.S.> Salamander is not a service, its a app.
jwatersphd

Post by jwatersphd »

Not that I know of.
SelfMan

Post by SelfMan »

Then start a new instance of AS, go to Help > Task list, select the frozen instance, hit the [Break] button and follow instructions.
A report will be sent to the Altap team where they can analyze it.