Required file not found in the archive.

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
mdruiter

Required file not found in the archive.

Post by mdruiter »

Try to open the attached archive:
nothing.gz
A gzip file containing an empty stream
(20 Bytes) Downloaded 417 times
The TAR Plugin gives the error "Required file not found in the archive."
That is because the (non-named) gzip file (stream) happens to be empty. Why wouldn't that be allowed? I think the archive is perfectly valid.
Other tools like gunzip do not complain.
therube

Re: Required file not found in the archive.

Post by therube »

(When I first looked, I thought your .gz was corrupt as there seemed to be nothing, but then I realized there was nothing ;-).)
[At first I thought I remembered something about nothing, but now I'm thinking it was either in a .tar or .gz or similar, where the file size was [incorrectly] displaying as 0 bytes, so I was thinking of something, not nothing, else.]

Anyhow, 7-zip & gzip both unpack nothing successfully.
Salamander farts.

(Maybe my "At first" is related, cause if I change the size of nothing from 0 to 1 byte, then gzip it, Salamander does see it correctly, but reports its size as 0 rather then 1.

"At first": Beta4 can not unpack *.gz.

Maybe its an issue with the file being 0-bytes?)
WinXP Pro SP3 or Win7 x86 | SS 2.54
mdruiter

Re: Required file not found in the archive.

Post by mdruiter »

The TAR Plugin always reports the size as 0 bytes. I'm afraid this is due to the nature of the gzip format where finding out the size almost requires decompression...

And sure the issue is that the content is zero bytes. But there is no reason to trip over that.