Tiny Toolbar Icons on Surface3 screen

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
dew

Tiny Toolbar Icons on Surface3 screen

Post by dew »

I have a MS Surface 3 Pro tablet/laptop running Win10. Salamander ver. 3.06 (x64) runs fine on it. I have used Salamander for a very long time and would be hard pressed to work without it! However, as you can see on the attached screen shot, the toolbar icons are so small that I can't see them, let alone use them. I have looked through all of the documentation, and am able to increase the font size on the panels, but nothing on the toolbar height/ icon size. I saw one forum topic of over a year ago ("icon size not dpi aware"), but it did not include a solution.

Is there a way to increase the toolbar height / icon size?

Doug
Attachments
SalamanderScrnCap1.jpg
SalamanderScrnCap1.jpg (165.8 KiB) Viewed 7891 times
SelfMan

Re: Tiny Toolbar Icons on Surface3 screen

Post by SelfMan »

As you already found out, Salamander is not DPI aware yet hence there is no solution yet. Its a work in progress.
You might want to try to set a lower resolution on the surface. HERE are some tips how to do it.
Georgd

Re: Tiny Toolbar Icons on Surface3 screen

Post by Georgd »

FYI, related posts are Icon size not DPI-aware and HiDPI support
Using Salamander since v 1.52