ALT+F1 not working

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
Jorgensen

ALT+F1 not working

Post by Jorgensen »

hi

my alt+f1 shortcut (left - change drive) does, so i just upgraded to version 3.0, but it still does not work.

alt+f2 works fine, so i guess it's something on computer that disables the shortcut.

anyone else having this problem?

ps. running windows 10.
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Re: ALT+F1 not working

Post by Jan Rysavy »

Looks like some process is catching this combination as system-wide hot key. It could be for example graphics card control panel or other utility.
Jorgensen

Post by Jorgensen »

Hi Jan

It seems i have a keyboard problem.

I have testet at http://en.key-test.ru/, and here the problem is the same.

The problem might involve coffee :-/ - i'll have to try a other keyboard.

Jorgensen
craal

Post by craal »

Hi

I have exactly same behavior Jorgensen described above and I additionally found out that Alt+F7 is not working as well for me. I am also running Windows 10, like Jorgensen does, but I think that important information is that I am running the latest Insider preview build 11082, which is,as I believe, the real source of this problem. Why? I tried to install Total Commander which is using more or less same hot keys and these are NOT working in TC too...

I will yet try check all my apps running in the background for possible hot key conflicts, when I get home later today, but I am almost sure that I won't find anything, as I didn't setup any hotkeys myself...
Jorgensen

Post by Jorgensen »

Hi craal

Alt+f7 does not work either here.

I looking forward to your investigation.

Jorgensen
craal

Post by craal »

Hi Jorgensen,

I had no time for this yesterday, but I will do it today. Meanwhile, can you please tell me whether you are also using Insider preview build of Windows 10?

I think that AS started to behave like this after upgrading my system to the last Insider preview build (build 11082) or maybe even after previously made upgrade to TH2 official release of Windows 10 few weeks ago... I am sure that it was working correctly with all previous builds of Windows 10.

The only other things I updated except of the Windows 10 itself were the drivers for my nVidia 980Ti graphics and Asus Phoebus Solo sound card, but I seriously doubt that these new drivers are taking over hot keys functionality...

Do you have by any chance same or similar hardware and if so, what's your driver version? I am using the latest available official versions.

Thanks
Craal / Petr
craal

Post by craal »

Hi Jorgensen,

I just checked my home PC and found the root cause of the problem :) Indeed several hotkeys combinations used by AS were simultaneously used by nVidia's Share feature which is enabled by default in nVidia Geforce Experience software installed along with the driver... After I deactivated this feature I had no longer problems in AS. Should you need to use this feature (I am expecting that you have also nVidia card and drivers installed) you can also change hotkeys combinations according your requirements....

So Jan was right and his suspicion was correct. I should not blame Microsoft for everything what went wrong at the end ;)

Cheers

Craal / Petr
SelfMan

Post by SelfMan »

Good catch guys.
Jorgensen

Post by Jorgensen »

thanks craal

that really saved my day.

thank you.