Bug Report... Combine Plugin - too narrow window

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
gworley

Bug Report... Combine Plugin - too narrow window

Post by gworley »

I have been meaning to make this bug report for sometime but haven't had a chance. Well is is just a minor annoyance not a major bug. If the file names are larger the the space provided, there is no way to see the complete file name. I cannot re-size the box. There isn't a scroll bar. There isn't any way to see all of the file names in the box so there isn't any of knowing if the files are really in the right order. See the attached JPEG file for illustration on what I am talking about. You have to trust that they are in the right order.

IMHO, there should be a horizontal and vertical scroll bar if you have file names that compromise the space provided for the Partial file names. It is evident that a horizontal scroll bar isn't provided in the jpeg that I attached as I cannot get the complete file name -- last visible segment is "Oxf" but after word is "ord University taken on 3.1.2008.avi.xxx where xxx is 001, 002, 003, and 004. In the jpeg, I do not know if they are in the right order the could be 002, 003, 001, and 004 or any other order. And I have this to happen especially when I had the view sorted to the date order -- newest to oldest.... the order end up being 005, 004, 003, 002, and finally 001 and that is how the Combine plugin combined them and the AVI didn't not play at all. I was glad that I tried to play the file before I deleted the segments.

Thank you,

George Worley
Attachments
An example of the bug/minor annoyance of the combine plugin.
An example of the bug/minor annoyance of the combine plugin.
Example of Combine.jpg (20.9 KiB) Viewed 4109 times
Jan Patera
Plugin Developer
Plugin Developer

Re: Bug Report... Combine Plugin.

Post by Jan Patera »

About Combine dialog:
gworley wrote:If the file names are larger the the space provided, there is no way to see the complete file name. I cannot re-size the box. There isn't a scroll bar.
Thank you for reporting this bug! It has been fixed for the next release of Salamander (2.52).