Wrong filesize for large files contained in a ZIP-File

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
knick

Wrong filesize for large files contained in a ZIP-File

Post by knick »

Hi,

AS 2.5 displays wrong filesizes for large files contained in a ZIP-File. Today I've receivd a 950 MB ZIP-File that contained > 6 GB file. AS 2.5 reported a filesize (file within the ZIP-Archive) of 320 MB. Seems to me the ZIP-Plugin uses 32 bit datatype for the filesize....

Bye,
Michael
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

Hi Michael, Salamander 2.5x does support ZIP archives with files > 4GB, please look at attached screenshot. Do you have idea how your archive was created? Could you please show us screenshot from Salamander and WinZIP?

Btw, large file could be created using "fsutil file createnew BIG 7000000000" system command.
Attachments
bigzipfile.png
bigzipfile.png (11.84 KiB) Viewed 8726 times

Post by Guest »

Jan Rysavy wrote:Hi Michael, Salamander 2.5x does support ZIP archives with files > 4GB, please look at attached screenshot. Do you have idea how your archive was created? Could you please show us screenshot from Salamander and WinZIP?
Jan, sorry for the long delay - I've been on holidays...

I could imagine that the ZIP-File was created using ZIP from http://www.info-zip.org/ (because the client sent us an UNZIP from http://www.info-zip.org/).

I can't sent you a WinZIP screenshot because I've no WinZIP license (guess which Tool I use to uncompress ZIPs - it starts with "A" and ends with "ltap Salamander" ;-) )

So I would suggest that we stop this here... Seems to me that we have a somehow "strange" ZIP-File here.

BTW, "UNZIP -l myzipfile.zip" also shows me "only" 320.359.936 Bytes...

Thanks for your support,
Michael
runamonk

Post by runamonk »

Jan,

When I try and compress a file larger than 4GB I get an error stating that files larger than 4GB are not supported.

I am however able to zip the files up using winzip, I am curious why I am getting this limitation with the zip plugin with Salamander?
--
runamonk
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

We have this feature on our to-do list, it was not supported because of time pressure.
runamonk

Post by runamonk »

Jan Rysavy wrote:We have this feature on our to-do list, it was not supported because of time pressure.
Awesome! Thats great news. :)
--
runamonk
Jan Patera
Plugin Developer
Plugin Developer

Post by Jan Patera »

runamonk wrote:Jan,
When I try and compress a file larger than 4GB I get an error stating that files larger than 4GB are not supported.

I am however able to zip the files up using winzip, I am curious why I am getting this limitation with the zip plugin with Salamander?
ZIPping files larger than 4 GB has been implemented for the next version of Altap Salamander (2.52).