Strange behaviour with TortoiseSVN

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
knick

Strange behaviour with TortoiseSVN

Post by knick »

All,

let's say ou have a directory with some files, in example

a1po001.cob
a1po002.cob
a5po000.cob

Now, enter this directory and press the keys "a5". The Salamander file selector jumps to the file "a5po000.cob". Now use the mouse and right-klick this file and choose "TortoiseSVN -> Show Log".

What now happens is: TortoiseSVN fires up and in the background the Salamander file selector jumps up to the first file. This is very annoying if the directory contains many many files (> 800 in my case) and one has to scroll down again and again....

I guess this happens because TortoiseSVN creates a new temporary file in this directory (and deletes it after a very short period) and so Salamander updates its file list. Is there any chance that Salamander keeps the file selector on the "current" file if the file still exists afer the directory was updated?

Thank you,
Michael
zarevak
Plugin Developer
Plugin Developer

Post by zarevak »

I confirm this bug. You don't even have to use quick search.

The file created is named like some GUID (eg: {05741520-C4EB-440A-AC3F-9643BBC9F847}, different each time) without any extension. Problem doesn't occur every time because sometimes the file is created after Salamander loses focus and thus stops updating the panels.

TortoiseSVN used: TortoiseSVN 1.4.5, Build 10425 - 32 Bit , 2007/08/26 11:14:13 on: Windows XP SP2 Professional English
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

Salamander is watching next directory change when the context menu command was executed. If one new file or directory appear during this refresh, it is focused.

It works fine for (context menu) > New > Folder, (context menu) > Add to archive (for some archiver), etc.

The problem is: how to distinguish such files from temporary files created by TSVN (and other software). Is the T attribute set for mentioned file?
zarevak
Plugin Developer
Plugin Developer

Post by zarevak »

Yes, the T attribute is set! :wink: (I never saw a file with T attribute before :oops: )

knick

Post by knick »

[quote="Jan Rysavy"]Salamander is watching next directory change when the context menu command was executed. If one new file or directory appear during this refresh, it is focused.

I personally see no reason for this (focus a new file)... Why did you realized this? Maybe it would be a good idea t make this optional.

Bye,
Michael
Ether

Post by Ether »

@knick] It's standard Windows behaviour to focus the file, that has been just created using the New menu or by copying or moving.
Ελληνικά rulez.
knick

Post by knick »

ether wrote:@knick] It's standard Windows behaviour to focus the file, that has been just created using the New menu or by copying or moving.
Maybe, but that doesn't mean that it is a "Good Thing (TM)"...
Ether

Post by Ether »

@knick] I know. You asked why, I just answered. But there's no need for further discussion as the solution has been already found.
Ελληνικά rulez.
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

Salamander will ignore (not focus) temporary file, thank you for the information!
knick

Post by knick »

Jan Rysavy wrote:Salamander will ignore (not focus) temporary file, thank you for the information!
Thank you!

Bye,
Knick
Petr Solin
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Re: Strange behaviour with TortoiseSVN

Post by Petr Solin »

I see I have fixed very old bug. Maybe still interesting for someone. It will be fixed in release 3.08.