Incorrect display of right-click drag menu ?

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
Thierry

Incorrect display of right-click drag menu ?

Post by Thierry »

Hello from Paris!

I added a question mark to the title, because I don't know whether I'm reporting a bug or a feature... This is about additional third-party actions registered in the menu that pops up when you right-drag a file or a directory.

In my case, I have TortoiseSVN and 7-zip installed. So, when I right-click and drag, I get:

In Windows Explorer:

In Salamander:

And if I click on Other...

I think the WinExp way is better (one aim+click saved). Is the Salamander behavior intended or accidental?

Additional question/suggestion: would it be possible that salamander is aware of SVN ? Ideally, I would expect that on files/dirs linked to a repository, F5/F6, for instance, offers me to do a "file + repository" copy/move.
Asking too much ? :oops:

Anyway, thanks for Salamander! :D
Cheers
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

Hi Thierry, we plan to solve mentioned problem with context menu. With our own shell extension (which we already have) it is possible.

Regarding SVN request it would be better to create a new post to Feature Requests section of this forum.
Thierry

Re: Incorrect display of right-click drag menu ?

Post by Thierry »

A little "up" on this feature, 6 years later...
You know, Salamander is like a first love : whatever comes after it, there's no match, even if you grin sometimes.
Thanks for your work guys !

PS: Temperature went from 18° to 28° in 2 days here in Paris. Are you enjoying yourself in Czech Republic as well ?
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Re: Incorrect display of right-click drag menu ?

Post by Jan Rysavy »

Yes, still deep on our to-do list.

We are on 25° today and going to 30° over weekend. But we have really nice days - blue sky, some nice clouds, good visibility... we like it :)