odd icon scaling

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
frax

odd icon scaling

Post by frax »

Hi, AS 2.5 running on Windows Vista Ultimate, 32-bit, with large fonts.

I get some odd problem with the icon scaling, where the icons in the detailed views are rendered differently than in Explorer - and/or how I want them to be.

See screenshot for an example. Any way one can get around this, to display the original (unscaled) 16x16 pixel icons?
Attachments
example - comparing AS 2.5 and Windows Explorer
example - comparing AS 2.5 and Windows Explorer
iconscaling.png (32.81 KiB) Viewed 6056 times
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

Thank you for reporting this problem, I can reproduce it.
Salamander is displaying 16x16 icons while Explorer is scaling icons to match font size (tested on 120DPI font size).
frax

Post by frax »

are you sure that is the case? To me it looks like explorer is displaying crisp 16x16 icons, while AS is trying to scale them... (but I might be wrong)

it is at least not the 16x16 icons that are in the icon file(s) (which I want to display) - but it might be 32x32 icons that are scaled to 16x16.
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

Copy screenshot to clipboard (PrintScreen), switch to Salamander and display clipboard using command Plugins > PictView > View Bitmap From Clipboard.

Then you can measure rectangle width and height using Select tool.
Attachments
pv.png
pv.png (27.46 KiB) Viewed 6029 times
frax

Post by frax »

yes they are 16x16 in AS, and larger in explorer - but I still think AS scales down the 32x32 icons, instead of using 16x16 (if they are available for the filetype)