Plugins: Nag screen for PictView and WinSCP

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
Robby

Plugins: Nag screen for PictView and WinSCP

Post by Robby »

Hi, since some time I get some license nag screens for PictView and WinSCP plug-in. I read in an other thread, that there will be a license update. But the information was not very clear.

My questions are:

1. Do I need a new license for these plugins from Altap or do I have to buy something, even as a registered Salamander user?

2. If I need something from Altap, how is it done? Do I need to reinstall Salamander, download something?

3. When will this be fixed?
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

We will release version 2.51 soon and from this version it will be possible to purchase licenses for PictView and WinSCP plugins. We are working on web and internal database right now.

You can send me email to jan.rysavy@altap.cz with your Product ID and I will check your license -- if you purchased Salamander with or without PictView plugin.
Georgd

Nag Screen for plugin despite existing license

Post by Georgd »

Since updating to Salamander 2.54 I get a nag screen for PictView Plugin. I thought I've purchased a license for it, so I clicked Menu > Help > About Salamander > "How to purchase additional licenses", entered "Product ID" and "Upgrade Code or Owner", and got under "Your Existing Licenses" 1 license for Salamander and 1 for PictView Plugin. Jan, is this web page's information reliable?Or is it still required to send you an email? Why does the nag screen appear?
Thanks, Georg
Using Salamander since v 1.52
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Re: Plugins: Nag screen for PictView and WinSCP

Post by Jan Rysavy »

Yes, our website is reliable :)
Please send me email at jan.rysavy@altap.cz, it looks like you have only Salamander license installed on your computer. We will send you complete license keys.