plug-ins bug/problem

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
nistvan_ro

plug-ins bug/problem

Post by nistvan_ro »

Hi!

Firstly I want to congratulate for the launch of this forum. So, congrats!
Now, here is my problem I've observed since the first betas from Salamander v. 2.5:

assume that I am using the picture viewer plugin, to see a few files. Everything is OK, it's working as supposed. But, after that the FTP plugin is not working anymore. I mean, it looks like it's not loaded, I cannot connect to any ftp servers, the connection manager window is not even appearing. The same thing happens if I am first using the FTP plugin, and after that trying to use some another plugin, like file viewer. The hex view is always coming up, no matter if I open a picture file (jpg, gif) or looking at a piece of text, or open a HTML page with F3 (to have the IE viewer).
I have noticed that this is sort of generic plugin loading problem. Currently I have the 2.5 beta 10 version installed, and I'm working on Win XP and at my workplace on Win 2000. Same thing was happening on Win98 if I recollect. Please check out, what's all about...
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

Did you patch Servant Salamander after installation? I mean some kind of nag-screen remover (cracks).

The MD5 of salamand.exe (2.5 beta 10a) is 9228E9F62452C5E5BD960B527338617C. You can use the Plugins > Checksum menu to verify your salamand.exe.

Try to download and install latest version of Servant Salamander 2.5:
http://www.altap.cz/download.html#sal25
nistvan_ro

Post by nistvan_ro »

Jan Rysavy wrote:Did you patch Servant Salamander after installation? I mean some kind of nag-screen remover (cracks).

The MD5 of salamand.exe (2.5 beta 10a) is 9228E9F62452C5E5BD960B527338617C. You can use the Plugins > Checksum menu to verify your salamand.exe.

Try to download and install latest version of Servant Salamander 2.5:
http://www.altap.cz/download.html#sal25
No, I did not patch the salamand.exe. I have downloaded from the website, and installed it, that's it...
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

Focus your salamand.exe ( C:\Program Files\Servant Salamander 2.5 beta 10\salamand.exe ) and choose the Plugins > Checksum > Calculate CRC/MD5 Checksum command.

You can right-click the computed checksum and copy it to Clipboard. Does it match the MD5 checksum value I mentioned before?
nistvan_ro

Post by nistvan_ro »

ahhhhh, I have found the problem: I had a virus on my PC and messed up salamand.exe.

About the checksum of the exe and the plugins: the plugins are verifying the exe's checksum, and only work if the exe is OK? Then why are the plugins working from the first time I launch the app???
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

We cannot guarantee the behaviour of modified executable files...

Obviously you should install antivirus software to protect your computer :wink:
nistvan_ro

Post by nistvan_ro »

Yeah, antivirus needed! But still, please investigate this issue I've described, because some of my colleagues also noticed it.
Thank you for your kind answer.
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

nistvan_ro wrote:Yeah, antivirus needed! But still, please investigate this issue I've described, because some of my colleagues also noticed it.
Thank you for your kind answer.
OK, send me your infected salamand.exe at jan.rysavy@altap.cz and we will look into this problem. I'm very curious.

Please pack it into 7-ZIP archive (to bypass the antivirus on our mail server).
nistvan_ro

Post by nistvan_ro »

Sorry, I can't send it to you. I've already reinstalled the app. Also had to reinstall other software.
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

nistvan_ro wrote:Sorry, I can't send it to you. I've already reinstalled the app. Also had to reinstall other software.
Do you remember which virus it was exactly?

What about the mentioned problem on your colleagues' computers?
nistvan_ro

Post by nistvan_ro »

Jan Rysavy wrote: What about the mentioned problem on your colleagues' computers?
On my colleague's computer it was a beta 9 installation, but if I remember, the guy used a patch to remove the nag screen and the expiration date of the beta, and I presume that you are not giving any support for modyfied exe's. What I've noticed 'though is that after I've reinstalled beta 10, I didn't have any problems with the plug-in so far. I also have that patched beta 9 exe, which is presenting the plugin problem. If you're interesed, I can send it to you.
crystalidea

Post by crystalidea »

The anti-crack feature of disabling plugins is rather old. nistvan_ro patched the program. What about disabled buttons on panels? :)
Last edited by crystalidea on 15 Dec 2005, 15:08, edited 1 time in total.
nistvan_ro

Post by nistvan_ro »

XPiS wrote:It seems that the author of the topic is trying to cheat the SS developers, 'cause the anti-crack feature of disabling plugins is rather old. nistvan_ro patched the program :) What about disabled buttons on panels? :)
Hi, can you please tell me more about this anti-crack featrue of disabling plug-ins, so I can patch that too :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Tomas Kopal
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Tomas Kopal »

This is not the best place to discuss thing like this.
If you like Servant Salamander, show your support by paying for it. If you don't like it, don't use it.

Locked...