Whiped clipboard

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
Joker

Whiped clipboard

Post by Joker »

I - momentarily - constantly recreate databases. Therefore I F2 the last one created and copy it's name. Then I CTRL+C and CTRL+V the initial database and ..... whoosh! Clipboard has been whiped!
I am pretty convinced it didn't work that way before.
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

I'm not sure what you mean, please be more specific.

Did you notice the F2 (Quick Rename) behavior changed in Altap Salamander 2.5? Only name is selected.
There is a new option in configuration: Options > Configuration > General > Select whole name (including extension) in Quick Rename.

Also Ctrl+A works as Select All in edit lines.
therube

Post by therube »

I too rename in the same way.
Have not had any problem.

Note that another "clipboard type" program, or another program altogether could be interfering.

My FTP program wipes the clipboard when initially opened. It can also monitor clicks - looking for URL's, but that does not interfere with SS.
WinXP Pro SP3 or Win7 x86 | SS 2.54
Joker

Whiped clipboard

Post by Joker »

Yep, I noticed the new F2 behaviour and I am still not totally convinced about it. Sometimes you just want a name and sometimes you want it all. But that is not what I meant.

Suppose I have a database called "Filled.mdb" and another one "Initial.mdb". I want to create a new "Filled.mdb" so I copy it's name to the clipboard and delete the original "Filled.mdb". Then I make a copy (CTRL+C and CTRL+V) of "Initial.mdb" and end up with a "Copy of Initial.mdb". This new file I want to rename again to "Filled.mdb". So I F2 this file and paste the text on the clipboard over it's name ...... but the clipboard is now empty!
I don't think I can explain it any clearer, I hope this will do.
zarevak
Plugin Developer
Plugin Developer

Post by zarevak »

8) Your clipboard is not empty - it contains reference to the "Initial.mdb" file.

Making duplicates of files is on the TODO list, but you can use F5-Copy feature right now:
1) Copy the "Filled.mdb" filename to the clipboard
2) Delete the "Filled.mdb" file (optional - can be automaticaly overwritten)
3) On the "Initial.mdb" file pres F5 to start a copy process. As a target enter the filename from the clipboard from step 1) withou any path.
Yatta! :D You have your new "Filled.mdb" just copied from "Initial.mdb".
Tomas Kopal
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Re: Whiped clipboard

Post by Tomas Kopal »

Joker wrote: I want to create a new "Filled.mdb" so I copy it's name to the clipboard and delete the original "Filled.mdb". Then I make a copy (CTRL+C and CTRL+V)
...and you overwrite the contents of your clipboard with the second CTRL+C here...