FTP-Plugin - viewing folder with too many files

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.

FTP-Plugin - viewing folder with too many files

Post by Guest »

when browsing a FTP-folder with too many files, the view gets weird

message: unable to parse listing of files and directories from server. only plain text of listing will be displayed in panel
Petr Solin
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Re: FTP-Plugin - viewing folder with too many files

Post by Petr Solin »

I believe that problem is somewhere else, e.g. unsupported month names. Please send me your listing by email (petr.solin at altap.cz) (click right button in panel > Show Raw Listing > Save As). Or if you cannot send it (contains sensitive data), just write me, I let you know how to find text line which causes this problem.

Re: FTP-Plugin - viewing folder with too many files

Post by Guest »

Petr Solin wrote:I believe that problem is somewhere else...
you should be right cause it´s in another FTP-Folder too. there are 6 files only. i think now thats a problem of the server (i think its an apache) itself. here´s the problem i think:

drwxrwxrwx 2 fx y 12288 Jan 19 19:45 .
drwxrwxrwx 3 fx y 8192 Jan 4 07:25 ..
-rw-r--r-- 1 fx y 621 Jan 13 20:27 Bx@x.de-13012006
-rw-r--r-- 1 fx y 1919 May 17 2005 BxYx_
xYx@xYx.de-17052005
-rw-r--r-- 1 fx y 1172 Jan 19 19:45 Bx@x.de-19012006
-rw-r--r-- 1 fx y 786 Jan 9 16:42 Bx@x.com-09012006
-rw-r--r-- 1 fx y 420 Jan 13 22:49 Bx_-13012006
-rw-r--r-- 1 fx y 527 Jan 13 22:50 Bx.x@x.de-13012006

as you can see there is a file without any filedates/rights. or so the interpreter lists the file atleast. don´t know how it came to this. all the files were created using PHP. so i think UNIX doesn´t like the file.
in total commander i can´t delete or copy this file. so i think its the file´s fault.
omega

Post by omega »

doesn't xYx@xYx.de-17052005 belongs to -rw-r--r-- 1 fx y 1919 May 17 2005 BxYx_ ?

Post by Guest »

omega wrote:doesn't xYx@xYx.de-17052005 belongs to -rw-r--r-- 1 fx y 1919 May 17 2005 BxYx_ ?
yes i think so. but SS lists that as 2 files.. (?)

could be a parse-failure. i don´t know.
Petr Solin
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Petr Solin »

OK, it seems that end-of-line characters (CRLF) are in filename. I need raw listing to check what precisely happened. Please email me that file packed to ZIP archive (or other) -- I just want to protect it from modifications by email servers.

P.S. I don't care if you are registered user, you may be just evaluating our product.
Seelenquell

Post by Seelenquell »

ok i´ve sent you the mail with the ZIP.

thank you in advance. :)
Petr Solin
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Petr Solin »

I have it, thanks. :) It really contains filename with CR+LF characters. I can test it here on our linux test server (I created such filenames), but unfortunatelly I have not found any way how to work with such files over FTP protocol.

I have tried couple of other FTP clients and they also cannot work with such files. So sorry, I have no solution for you.
KNUT

Post by KNUT »

Petr Solin wrote:It really contains filename with CR+LF characters
:evil: unbelievable......................???
Kind regards, KNUT

Post by Seelenquell »

ok thats not a big problem as this is a very very seldom thing. and furthermore, it is not a mistake by your extremly powerfull software.

will say, the source of this is the php-script who created the filename, right? ;-) like i said, in total commander i can´t delete or copy this file(s) so why should it work here :D

its really no problem for me. but thank you very much for your quick reply and your tries to find the problem. keep up this good work.