Right-Click menu problem

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
roger

Right-Click menu problem

Post by roger »

Hello,

I do have a small problem with v2.5 beta 10 and would be glad if someone can confirm it:

Please select a file in the left panel (simple click), then click once into the right panel (right panel becomes active). Then right-click the selected file in the left panel again (without clicking anywhere else in this panel first) and choose delete. Nothing does happen here.

BTW: I've checked "Right-click to open shortcut menu" in Configuration/Panels/Mouse.

Many thanks in advance.
bebe

Re: Right-Click menu problem

Post by bebe »

works for me that way, too
roger

Post by roger »

bebe wrote:works for me that way, too
Good to know. It's really annoying that one has to activate a panel to delete a file from within the context menu. For some reason the entries "Open" or "Properties" do not show this bevavior.
grymmjack

Post by grymmjack »

roger wrote:Hello,

I do have a small problem with v2.5 beta 10 and would be glad if someone can confirm it:

Please select a file in the left panel (simple click), then click once into the right panel (right panel becomes active). Then right-click the selected file in the left panel again (without clicking anywhere else in this panel first) and choose delete. Nothing does happen here.

BTW: I've checked "Right-click to open shortcut menu" in Configuration/Panels/Mouse.

Many thanks in advance.
This works like you'd expect it to for me. It asks to delete the file. I should let you know my config is different than default though.

Options | Panel:
Mouse: [x] Right-click to open shortcut menu (hold CTRL to select/unselect)
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

roger wrote:Please select a file in the left panel (simple click), then click once into the right panel (right panel becomes active). Then right-click the selected file in the left panel again (without clicking anywhere else in this panel first) and choose delete. Nothing does happen here.
Hi Roger, I suppose you mean focus the file? (Selected files becomes red.)
Is the left panel activated by right-clicking the file?
What about the other commands from opened context menu?
What happen when you right-click another file (then previously focused)?
bebe

Post by bebe »

I try to answer.
Hi Roger, I suppose you mean focus the file? (Selected files becomes red.)
yes, i think
yes, it is
others seem to work fine, only delete is not (dialog delete? yes/no is expected, but not shown)
the same
.me

Post by .me »

Maybe I did something wrong when I tried to duplicate the problem but on my system this failure never occures.

My config: WinXP / Microsoft 5-ButtonMouse (only winxp standard driver) / SS2.5b10
(o.O) -(@.@)- (/o.O\) ,,,`Q´,,, {~.~} (^.^)

Post by Guest »

Jan Rysavy wrote:Hi Roger, I suppose you mean focus the file? (Selected files becomes red.)
bebe said it all (thanks).

The whole problem seems to be random. I've restarted Salamander now, clicked through some directories and suddenly it worked correctly, but when I clicked "Cancel" on the "Do you want to delete ..." window, it did not disappear immediately, but the separator between the panels became visible through the dialog. So there seems to be some kind of general problem with it.

BTW: I could not answer earlier because the board always told me "You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.". :cry:

Post by Guest »

.me wrote:Maybe I did something wrong when I tried to duplicate the problem but on my system this failure never occures.

My config: WinXP / Microsoft 5-ButtonMouse (only winxp standard driver) / SS2.5b10
For me it happens on W2000SP4. Maybe it is OS-version related.
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

[qu
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

Anonymous wrote:BTW: I could not answer earlier because the board always told me "You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.". :cry:
It was our fault, I am sorry. We are still working on the forum installation.
KNUT

Post by KNUT »

.me wrote:Maybe I did something wrong when I tried to duplicate the problem but on my system this failure never occures.
Even on my side is everything working fine :)
Last edited by KNUT on 20 Jan 2006, 09:59, edited 1 time in total.
Kind regards, KNUT

Post by roger »

Jan Rysavy wrote:Please try this: In Options > Configuration > Recycle Bin turn on the Remove files and directories immediately when deleted option. (I suppose the Move all deleted files and directories to the Recycle Bin option was checked?)

Then try to reproduce the issue again.
This does not make any difference here (W2000SP4), still no action.
bebe

Post by bebe »

Jan Rysavy wrote:Please try this: In Options > Configuration > Recycle Bin turn on the Remove files and directories immediately when deleted option. (I suppose the Move all deleted files and directories to the Recycle Bin option was checked?)
My configuration: WinXP SP2, Logitech Cordless desktop (I can specify more, if needed).
Yes, it was checked. However, now it works (but I also use different mouse - Microsoft IntelliMouse via USB)
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

bebe wrote:Yes, it was checked. However, now it works (but I also use different mouse - Microsoft IntelliMouse via USB)
Could you reproduce the problem when you turn on Move all deleted files and directories to the Recycle Bin option now?