Multimedia Plugin && UTF-8

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
crystalidea

Multimedia Plugin && UTF-8

Post by crystalidea »

The multimedia plugin do not support correctly ID3v2 2.4 version. The russian names in mp3 are in UTF-8 encoding, so you need to
MultiByteToWideChar(CP_UTF8, ...) before displaying tags text.
crystalidea

Re: Multimedia Plugin && UTF-8

Post by crystalidea »

Well, what about your answer? :roll:
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

I asked Tomas Jelinek (author if MM Viewer) to look at this issue.
Jan Patera
Plugin Developer
Plugin Developer

Post by Jan Patera »

XPiS wrote:The multimedia plugin do not support correctly ID3v2 2.4 version. The russian names in mp3 are in UTF-8 encoding, so you need to
MultiByteToWideChar(CP_UTF8, ...) before displaying tags text.
The problem has been fixed for the next release of Altap Salamander (2.52b2).
Ether

Post by Ether »

I'm afraid it hasn't been solved completely. I used Mp3tag v2.42, saved some tags in UTF-8, but Multimedia Viewer reads the tags in ANSI.
ID3.org wrote:Frames that allow different types of text encoding contains a text encoding description byte. Possible encodings:

$00 ISO-8859-1 [ISO-8859-1]. Terminated with $00.
$01 UTF-16 [UTF-16] encoded Unicode [UNICODE] with BOM. All strings in the same frame SHALL have the same byteorder. Terminated with $00 00.
$02 UTF-16BE [UTF-16] encoded Unicode [UNICODE] without BOM. Terminated with $00 00.
$03 UTF-8 [UTF-8] encoded Unicode [UNICODE]. Terminated with $00.
I attached an extracted sample tag in this format.
Multimedia Viewer wrote:Title: Domácí motokrosař
Author: Vypsaná fiXa
Album: BestiálnÄ› šťastnĂ
­
This tag has this byte correctly set to 03h, but still it's read as ANSI. On the other hand, the specification says (if I'm not mistaken) the strings should be terminated with a NULL character, but strings in this tag doesn't end in NULL. Although, when saving as UTF-16, the tag is read correctly even without terminating NULL, so I think the problem isn't caused by that.

EDIT: Oh, I completely overlooked it's supposed to be yet in the next version. But still, I'd like a second opinion on the terminating NULLs.
Attachments
id3.txt
(739 Bytes) Downloaded 398 times
Ελληνικά rulez.