Vista - How to import keys?

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
noetus

Vista - How to import keys?

Post by noetus »

I have installed RC2.5 successfully on MS Vista but I am not allowed to import my registration keys by Vista - I get the error:

"Cannot import C:\...\salamand.key: The specified file is not a registry script. You can only import binary registry files from within the registry editor."

I also want to import the pictview keys as well to get that functionality, but I am more concerned about the registration keys - at the moment I am running the application on a 30 day trial, and that is annoying when I am a legitimate paid-up user. Please, how to fix this?
th.

Post by th. »

It seems to me you are trying to import the Salamander key file with the Windows Registry Editor.
You have to import the key file within Salamander.
See http://www.altap.cz/salam_en/help/salam ... rtkeys.htm for help.
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

Noetus, if you lost your KEYS.ZIP, please let me know on my email (attach some payment details such as name, address, email address).

Post by Guest »

Thanks - I found the file and imported the keys with Vista, success. :)