mov file not recognized by pictview

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
omega

mov file not recognized by pictview

Post by omega »

Hi Jan,

This is what i get: error opening (name).mov "file structure not recognized" after scrolling the last jpg file.

Can you remove this error screen since pictview is not a media viewer?
On a different directory i didn't get this kind of warning when i scroll to the next unsupported file after the last jpg.
bebe

Re: mov file not recognized by pictview

Post by bebe »

omega wrote:Hi Jan,

This is what i get: error opening (name).mov "file structure not recognized" after scrolling the last jpg file.

Can you remove this error screen since pictview is not a media viewer?
On a different directory i didn't get this kind of warning when i scroll to the next unsupported file after the last jpg.
I guess you have some mov files in given directory. In my experience, PictView is traversing directory in order "as stored on file system" and your mov (even maybe not displayed as last in directory) is stored as last.
However, it might be good to skip "unrecognized files", I agree.
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

We will look at this problem. In the meantime you can remove the MOV extension from Options > Configuration > Viewer & Editors > Viewers.