Disconnect from ClipBoard

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
WillM

Disconnect from ClipBoard

Post by WillM »

I use an utility from PC Magazine called ClipTrak (ver: 1.2, unfortunately, 1.3 is now in their pay for it area). Ever since RC2 came out I have been having ClipTrak becoming disconnected from the clipboard. Took me this long to figure out what was causing it (RC2) - by all appearances.

I just verified this by copying something to the clipboard, using the Edit menu in RC2 to copy a file path and name to the clipboard and then trying to copy something else. Neither the RC2 clip or the new clip ended up in ClipTrak.

I know there are lots of other clipboard utilities around - but this one suits my work style exactly. I don't know if using another would cure the problem or not, but I do know I never had a problem prior to RC2.
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

Hello, I tested ClipTrack 1.3 (from http://forums.techarena.in/showpost.php ... ostcount=7 didn't find version 1.2) and it works fine under Windows XP. Perhaps some bug in ClipTrack 1.2?
WillM

Post by WillM »

Thanks for the link to ClipTrak 1.3. I'll give that a try and report back. I also use WinXP.

While checking out various clipboard programs, I did bump into a few that said that they would automatically re-connect to the clipboard if some other program dis-connected them. So apparently a not uncommon problem.

[Later] - Installed ClipTrak 1.3 and it seems to have corrected the problem. Thanks again for the link.
Will
Mem

Post by Mem »

I use Clipboard plugin for Desktop sidebar and work with SS 2.5 RC2 with no problem