Salamander HANGS on DELETE of file(s)

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
Anne

Salamander HANGS on DELETE of file(s)

Post by Anne »

I have just upgraded to an AMD x64 Dual core CPU. Salamander was the second program installed after AVG7was installed. I started an AVG virus scan and while AVG was scanning I decided to clean up my drive D:. I have done this many times in the past with no problems.

This time EVERY time I tried to DELETE even one file Salamander would hang still showing the delete process box in progress. TASK MGR shows Salamander as not responding.. I end task and bring up salamander agin and the file or files I was trying to delete are indeed deleted, so the process worked... just Salamander hung sometime after the task was complete.
omega

Post by omega »

64 bit version is not supported yet. http://www.altap.cz/salam_en/newver.html#roadmap
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

Omega,

1. Servant Salamander works on 64b Windows (XP and Vista) like other 32b applications. There are reasons to compile 64b version of Servant Salamander, but it doesn't mean the 32b version should freeze there.
2. Anne can run 32b Windows on 64b CPU, we cannot say from the post.

Anne,

Please try to freeze one instance of Servant Salamander. Then start second instance, go to the menu Help and start Task List command. Select freezed instance of SS and press the Break button. Bug Report window should appear. Please send us this bug report.
conny

Re: Salamander HANGS on DELETE of file(s)

Post by conny »

Anne wrote:I have just upgraded to an AMD x64 Dual core CPU. Salamander was the second program installed after AVG7was installed. I started an AVG virus scan and while AVG was scanning I decided to clean up my drive D:. I have done this many times in the past with no problems.

This time EVERY time I tried to DELETE even one file Salamander would hang still showing the delete process box in progress. TASK MGR shows Salamander as not responding.. I end task and bring up salamander agin and the file or files I was trying to delete are indeed deleted, so the process worked... just Salamander hung sometime after the task was complete.
Same problem here. Also when copying files and viewing files.

Have you found a fix yet?
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

Please try to freeze one instance of Servant Salamander. Then start second instance, go to the menu Help and start Task List command. Select freezed instance of SS and press the Break button. Bug Report window should appear. Please send us this bug report.
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

The same problem solved by virus removal: http://forum.altap.cz/viewtopic.php?p=6117#6117