[Bug] FTP client listing

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
cincura.net

[Bug] FTP client listing

Post by cincura.net »

Hi,

when I want to change permissions to the directory and all files/dirs in, there's a problem with listing. If the directory has i.e. ---r-xr-x , FTP client is trying on start to list the dir and create list of files to be processed. But with this dir, it's not possible. So you have to change permissions for the directory and then for the files/dirs in.

But there's more deterministic way (I suggest to use it, if the first attempt will not succeed) - do all on first level, go into first dir in it and do all there on 2nd level, and so on. This will succeed - but you've no info about total number of files/dirs for the progress-bar, so it's good only if "classical" way isn't working.
Jiri {x2} Cincura
Petr Solin
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Re: [Bug] FTP client listing

Post by Petr Solin »

Yes, this behaviour is by design. You can change attributes of directories first (without "including subdirectories"), it makes these directories accessible and so it will solve this problem.

If we receive more similar requests, we add possibility of changing attributes of inaccessible directory first (as you suggest).