auto-scrolling function

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
honkponk

auto-scrolling function

Post by honkponk »

is there any opportunity to auto-scroll in the windows?
or would it be implemented in the next update.

btw i love 3 button mice without any wheel.

thx from germany
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

Could you please more exactly describe this problem?
Servant Salamander 2.5 beta 10a doesn't auto-scroll panel on your computer whilst other applications scrolls fine?
Could you specify which mouse are you using, mouse drivers, Windows version?
skwire

Post by skwire »

Judging from what the OP said, he has a regular three-button mouse (no wheel) so I would think he's asking for functionality similar to what you get in a web browser where if you middle-click, you get the little up/down arrow graphic and can then move the mouse above or below said graphic to scroll up and down a page. Honkponk, is that what you're asking for?
jis

Re: auto-scrolling function

Post by jis »

honkponk wrote:btw i love 3 button mice without any wheel.
Btw, 2 button mice with wheel can acts as 3 button mice, because you can click on the wheel... Why do you hate the wheel?
Altap Salamander fan since 1998
omega

Post by omega »

Maybe he doesn't know the wheel can act as a 3rd button? OR he only wants to use his middle finger for activating auto scroll. OR he hates to move his index finger to the wheel :D

Anyway i just tested the auto scroll function in windows explorer. Doesn't work just only on webbrowsers.