Default drive locations?

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
runamonk

Default drive locations?

Post by runamonk »

When I start up SS I would love to have my two folder windows default to a specific location or drive.

Now I can accomplish this by turning off save settings on exit and manually saving my settings with the folders on the drives/folders I want and it will load them up the next time I start SS.

The problem with doing this is that alot of other things don't get automatically saved that are very handy.

Is there a better solution to this?

-R
--
runamonk
omega

Post by omega »

Asking for features in the request area please.

I would like this feature as well. Check the configuration in winzip.

start-up folder
* system default
* last open archive
* folder [textbox]

But for 2 different folder windows in this case. I guess this is what runamonk wants the 3rd option. For SS the system default option can be left out.
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Re: Default drive locations?

Post by Jan Rysavy »

runamonk wrote:Is there a better solution to this?
I believe there is one way :wink:

Find your Servant Salamander home directory (for example Program Files\Servant Salamander 2.5 beta 10), create a file config.reg using the Files > Edit New File command (Shift+F4).

Copy and paste the following text to config.reg:

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Altap\Servant Salamander 2.5 beta 10]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Altap\Servant Salamander 2.5 beta 10\Left Panel]
"Path"="C:"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Altap\Servant Salamander 2.5 beta 10\Right Panel]
"Path"="C:"

Config.reg is imported to the Windows Registry every time Servant Salamander is started.

Optional: You can change paths for left and right panel, force view mode, etc. Use the Options > Export Configuration command to export full configuration and strip it down.

:idea: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Altap\Servant Salamander 2.5 beta 10 should be updated for a new version of Servant Salamander...
WillM

Re: Default drive locations?

Post by WillM »

runamonk wrote:When I start up SS I would love to have my two folder windows default to a specific location or drive.
You can do this be using command line switches, for example mine is:

D:\Apps\Salamander-B10\SALAMAND.exe -L "G:\Download" -R "E:\Proj"
Will
omega

Post by omega »

i just tried using -L "C:\" -R "D:\" didn't work. If i removed that part i can start SS using the windows run command
runamonk

Post by runamonk »

Thanks Jan that'll work for now. :)
--
runamonk
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

omega wrote:i just tried using -L "C:" -R "D:" didn't work. If i removed that part i can start SS using the windows run command
Strange. Servant Salamander switches:

SALAMAND.EXE [-L left_panel_path] [-R right_panel_path] [-C configuration_file]
[X] means that parameter X is optional

This approach is definitely faster since config.reg is imported using Windows Registry Editor (REGEDIT.EXE) and there will be some overhead.
runamonk

Post by runamonk »

Jan Rysavy wrote:
omega wrote:i just tried using -L "C:" -R "D:" didn't work. If i removed that part i can start SS using the windows run command
Strange. Servant Salamander switches:

SALAMAND.EXE [-L left_panel_path] [-R right_panel_path] [-C configuration_file]
[X] means that parameter X is optional

This approach is definitely faster since config.reg is imported using Windows Registry Editor (REGEDIT.EXE) and there will be some overhead.
This also works great Jan. :)
--
runamonk