frozen machine but no bug report

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
paul hofseth

frozen machine but no bug report

Post by paul hofseth »

first total freeze with salamander: inserted a CD/DVD which autostarted at the same time as SS tried to access it. Normally it is just a short wait with a message about reexamining the path when one changes CDs Everything froze (but not a blue-screen crash). Killing the SS process did not work -although the machine accepted the "end now" button. The CPU usage was abnormally high for the lack of tasks at almost 30%, which may indicate some loop running.

W2000-SP4, ASUSmainboard, AMD64bit CPU, -no other programs running at the time. I was looking through a large number of magazine disks, think it was from the German "Chip", but no problems with any of those disk & SS later. I have been changing around some of its harddisks recently, but have no problems with the machine.

No bug report was generated and I did not write down the names of the processes running when I finally reset the machine, hence this not very informative message.

p.
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

Hi Paul!

If you will be able to reproduce this problem, please let us know.

:idea: When Servant Salamander is freezed, you can start the second instance and from menu Help choose the Task List command. Then select the freezed instance and click the Break button. Bug Report should be generated for the freezed instance.