SDK Documentation to English

Support for developers of new plugins, third-party plugin announcements and discussions.
SvA

SDK Documentation to English

Post by SvA »

I would like to try to create a plugin, however I am not an experienced C/C++ programmer (I do have good programming skills, just very little experience with C/C++) I therefore will need some help with this. Most likely SDK documentation would provide all the help I need. Unfortunately I cannot understand Czech. I have tried to find an automated translator on the net, but to no avail (either they are restricted beyond usefulness or yield incomprehensible results.

Since Altap is overstrained with the work only they can do (64-bit, UAC, Unicode, tabbed interface, ...), I see no hope to get the promised translation from them in a foreseeable timespan. But anyone knowing Czech and some programming can do this.

So, I ask the community to please provide an English translation of the SDK documentation (and possibly translated comments in the code) .

Thank you.
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Re: SDK Documentation to English

Post by Jan Rysavy »

What plugin are you looking to write, please tell us more. There are simple plugins such as menu extensions, archivers, or viewers. And there are more complicated plugins such as FTP, WinSCP, Windows Mobile, Nethood, Regedit, using "file system" part of the plugin interface.
Ether

Post by Ether »

SvA wrote:So, I ask the community to please provide an English translation of the SDK documentation (and possibly translated comments in the code).
Have you got any ideas as to where should people working on the translation collaborate? Some repository, or something simpler, like Google Docs?
Ελληνικά rulez.
SvA

Post by SvA »

Jan Rysavy wrote:What plugin are you looking to write, please tell us more.
Jan, please check this post for an answer to your request.