Three Image formats to PictView to add ?

Support for developers of new plugins, third-party plugin announcements and discussions.
SuperShark

Three Image formats to PictView to add ?

Post by SuperShark »

I have three image formats I'd like to add to PictView, I have the DLL files, how can I add them or get them added ?
Ether

Re: Three Image formats to PictView to add ?

Post by Ether »

Just for reference, this request came from here: http://forum.altap.cz/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5229
SuperShark wrote:EXR / HDR / PIC
What kind of DLL files do you have?
Ελληνικά rulez.
SuperShark

Post by SuperShark »

DLL Files for Windows Explorer to preview HDR/EXR/PIC (proprietary software image format)
therube

Post by therube »

Don't think you can "execute" the DLL directly, but if you set up an association of say EXR to a program that all it does is to pass whatever is expect by the DLL to the DLL ...?
WinXP Pro SP3 or Win7 x86 | SS 2.54
SuperShark

Post by SuperShark »

Don't think you can "execute" the DLL directly, but if you set up an association of say EXR to a program that all it does is to pass whatever is expect by the DLL to the DLL ...?
I can copy the files to Windows Explorer and the thumbnails will preview in Explorer. Why can't the DLL files be added into Altap Salamander so the thumbnails can be viewed ?
Ether

Post by Ether »

Because Windows Explorer has different interface for thumbnail "providers" (the DLL files) than Salamander. Also, PictView cannot include just any DLL files - the licenses forbid that most of the time.

But since the Explorer Thumbails plugin (you can find it on the forums) can work with all the formats supported by Windows Explorer, you could try installing it in the meantime.
Ελληνικά rulez.
SuperShark

Post by SuperShark »

Because Windows Explorer has different interface for thumbnail "providers" (the DLL files) than Salamander. Also, PictView cannot include just any DLL files - the licenses forbid that most of the time.
The licenses I have for these DLL files is free you could include them.
But since the Explorer Thumbails plugin (you can find it on the forums) can work with all the formats supported by Windows Explorer, you could try installing it in the meantime.
Windows explorer viewer is limited to only a specific range of file formats. None of the file formats I want to add are included.
Internet Explorer Viewer
Internet Explorer Viewer plugin adds support for viewing internet formats, including HTML, XML, GIF and JPEG from Servant Salamander. Requires MS Internet Explorer 3.02 or later.
Ether

Post by Ether »

SuperShark wrote:The licenses I have for these DLL files is free you could include them.
But there's still the problem with different interfaces. DLL's for Windows Explorer just don't work with PictView.
SuperShark wrote:Windows explorer viewer is limited to only a specific range of file formats. None of the file formats I want to add are included.
Oh. I meant Explorer Thumbnails, not Internet Explorer Viewer.
Ελληνικά rulez.
SuperShark

Post by SuperShark »

The explorer Thumbnails addon for Salamander doesn't display EXR/HDR/PIC files, arrrgghh.