Altap Salamander SDK on GitHub?

Support for developers of new plugins, third-party plugin announcements and discussions.
costab

Re: Altap Salamander SDK on GitHub?

Post by costab »

Sadly, the amount of people who appreciate a dual pane file manager is also decreasing
That's my impression as well. I always recommend it to all my colleagues & friends.
Ether

Post by Ether »

The SDK would be nice. I've had some plugin ideas in my head for literally years and nowadays I even have the time to possibly implement them, but no SDK. :/
Ελληνικά rulez.
tukanos

Post by tukanos »

Ether wrote: 14 Mar 2021, 10:58 The SDK would be nice. I've had some plugin ideas in my head for literally years and nowadays I even have the time to possibly implement them, but no SDK. :/
I have to agree with that. Are there still plans to publish it?
SelfMan

Post by SelfMan »

I wrote an email to the guys. I let you know.
vilo

Post by vilo »

It looks like still no response from the authors about SDK... So, if there's no legal way, I tried to do some analysis on my own and update the latest public SDK 3.08 for AS 4.0. I wanted to have my plugin certview on AS4, as in combination with WinScp plugin it's quite handy to check the certificates on embedded devices, what I need for my work.

So, I compiled my plugin with SDK 3.08, tried to load it in AS4, and it failed to load. Debugger proved me binary incompatibilities. The offsets of abstract class members have changed on SDK 4.0. I have some basic skills with binary code analysis from the time I worked for an antivirus company. Fortunately, many functions (implementing the abstract class members) from salamand.exe have a trace message with function name. This helped me a lot with finding the correct offsets. But some of them I had to find with try-mistake method. Finally, I successfully got my plugin working on AS4 :D

For those who are interested, you can find the unofficial SDK on github: https://github.com/lejcik/as-sdk4-unofficial

And my plugin binaries are here: https://github.com/lejcik/certviewer/releases

My plugin is just a simple viewer, so I reconstructed only the necessary classes and methods. There's much more work with reconstructing the rest. So that, I want to ask the authors, let they publish the SDK sources, and somebody from the community will make them ready for use.

For me, reversing binary code is not that funny than coding. I use AS daily in my work and I just wanted to contribute something let the project would not die...
vilo

Post by vilo »

The SDK port for AS 4.0 is now complete. The public APIs were tested with the enclosed demo plugins, and finally SDK seems to be stable.

So, if somebody wants to make own plugins, feel free to use it :wink:
SelfMan

Post by SelfMan »

Nice job! Thank you.
tukanos

Post by tukanos »

vilo wrote: 29 Oct 2021, 17:08 The SDK port for AS 4.0 is now complete. The public APIs were tested with the enclosed demo plugins, and finally SDK seems to be stable.

So, if somebody wants to make own plugins, feel free to use it :wink:
Thank you for sharing it! This will make life easier if one wants to create a plugin.
Tigerente

Post by Tigerente »

vilo wrote: 08 Oct 2021, 16:22 For those who are interested, you can find the unofficial SDK on github: https://github.com/lejcik/as-sdk4-unofficial
Thank you, very nice. :wink: