Flash Player Plugin

Support for developers of new plugins, third-party plugin announcements and discussions.
vld

Re: Flash Player Plugin

Post by vld »

stepand76 wrote:I can do an option for ignoring shortcuts, but I'm not sure if it is the right way...
SelfMan wrote:A checkbox "[x] send keystrokes directly to flash application" (i.e. ignore all keystrokes except Alt+F4 for close application.) or a toolbar button (on/off) in the viewer window would help.
I like this feature when it is needed, but someone may have written a program which uses the spacebar. On the same wavelength as SefMan, maybe just the option to ignore the "spacebar" would do, as long as the spacebar is the only key affected. I don't like the option to ignore all keystrokes since you may need to use your keyboard in some programs.
stepand76
Plugin Developer
Plugin Developer

Post by stepand76 »

vld wrote:I like this feature when it is needed, but someone may have written a program which uses the spacebar. On the same wavelength as SefMan, maybe just the option to ignore the "spacebar" would do, as long as the spacebar is the only key affected. I don't like the option to ignore all keystrokes since you may need to use your keyboard in some programs.
vld, I don't agree with you. Why spacebar only? There should be a swf application that depends on Backspace, F key and other...
vld

Post by vld »

what I am saying is that if the spacebar is the only key you recognize in your plugin, then option to turn that on or off. If you are using more keys other then spacebar, then they should all be turned off....unless you want to start configuring keys in your plugin, which I'm sure you don't
stepand76
Plugin Developer
Plugin Developer

Post by stepand76 »

vld wrote:what I am saying is that if the spacebar is the only key you recognize in your plugin, then option to turn that on or off. If you are using more keys other then spacebar, then they should all be turned off....unless you want to start configuring keys in your plugin, which I'm sure you don't
Just look into plugin window menu and you will see what key shortcuts used...

Viewer plugins in AS:
Ctrl+O, Ctrl+R, F, Space, Backspace, Ctrl+Space, Ctrl+Backspace, Shift+Space, Shift+Backspace

Flash Player plugin adds:
Ctrl+Enter, Ctrl+Home, Ctrl+Left, Ctrl+Right

So the secure way is an option to turn it off at all.
vld

Post by vld »

Taking another look inside the plugin, I see a lot of keys that are being used and a need for them if the time arises. This is your plugin and what you decide is best, then we will need to accept it. IMHO, an option to easily turn the keys on or off would be best, if that is even possible.
stepand76
Plugin Developer
Plugin Developer

Post by stepand76 »

vld wrote:I have several SWF games in the same folder I accidentally found out tonight that if you hit the spacebar while in that particular SWF, it moves you to the next SWF file.
vld, could you please attach (or send me) a SWF that require spacebar? I need to test the new feature. Thank you.
vld

Post by vld »

actually all you have to do is put several .swf files in the same folder and view one of them. I can't recall off the top of my head which one requires the spacebar, but I will send it once I find it
stepand76
Plugin Developer
Plugin Developer

Post by stepand76 »

Code: Select all

Version 0.7.0 (4.3.2010)
------------------------
[*] Built with Delphi 2010.
[+] Enhanced "About" window.
[+] Added an option to save possion and size of viewer's windows.
[+] Added an option to prefer keyboard shortcuts in main menu.

Legend 
------ 
[*] Change 
[-] Bugfix 
[+] New feature, enhancement
Attachments
flashplayer_0.7.0.zip
(744.15 KiB) Downloaded 791 times
markiecork

Post by markiecork »

I make flash project.I want to convert .swf file to .exe file.
Can any one tell how to convert .swf file to .exe file?
Please tell me the which option is use for it?
Mistakes are the portals of discovery
stepand76
Plugin Developer
Plugin Developer

Post by stepand76 »

1. You need Flash Player executable. If you not have it, you can download it for example here.
2. Set the path to a Flash Player executable. In viewer use the "Options -> Player..." command to choose it.
3. Use the "File -> Create Projector..." command to create projector of current SWF (convert SWF to EXE).