Total Commander Proxy Plugin

Support for developers of new plugins, third-party plugin announcements and discussions.
MartinS

Re: Total Commander Proxy Plugin

Post by MartinS »

Speaking of Media Audio 2 plugin - the only thing that irritates me is when I enter an empty directory and it automatically bumps me to the root - is this the problem of the TC plugin itself?
manison
Plugin Developer
Plugin Developer

Post by manison »

MartinS wrote: 23 Aug 2019, 09:45 Speaking of Media Audio 2 plugin - the only thing that irritates me is when I enter an empty directory and it automatically bumps me to the root - is this the problem of the TC plugin itself?
Check the behavior directly in TC and then let me know if it's different from AS.
MartinS

Post by MartinS »

manison wrote: 23 Aug 2019, 13:57 Check the behavior directly in TC and then let me know if it's different from AS.
Checked v. 1.4 in TC and works OK. In AS, when I enter an empty directory, it resets/jumps back to root (and shows some log window with just one line saying: CONNECT \)
SvA

Post by SvA »

MartinS wrote: 23 Aug 2019, 15:06 Checked v. 1.4 in TC and works OK. In AS, when I enter an empty directory, it resets/jumps back to root (and shows some log window with just one line saying: CONNECT \)
I noticed some more oddities most likely related to this:
  • Created a new folder and wanted to change to it, in order to copy some files into it -> on folder change jump to "root"
  • as an alternative I added the new, empty folder to the end of the path in the copy dialog (so i changed D:\CurrDir\*.* to d:\CurrDir\NewDir\*.*, with CurrDir beeing the directory shown in the target panel) -> The files were copied to D:\CurrDir ignoring the added NewDir (or possibly the entire path)
  • tried drag'n'drop to the new, empty folder with no success
  • deleted the last file in a folder -> back to root; same as trying to reenter the now empty folder
Each time something failed I was taken to the Plugin's filesystem root. the log window (which I left open) was cleared and a new entry CONNECT \ was written.
Looks to me as if the plugin reinitialized.
SvA

Post by SvA »

I tried to configure sLister wlx plugin.
In TC/Lister, this plugin apparently configures itself to handle some file types. It is capable of handling some more, however. (see sLister - view more file formats).

I configured a viewer using the extended list of supported file types that should get handled by the plugin.
After some file extensions did not work as expected I crosschecked using "View With"; this showed the files correctly.
I then moved my viewer entry all the way to the top to give it highest priority and thus avoid conflicts with other viewer entries. This did not help.
Files that did not get shown with the sLister plugin showed with the next viewer that was configured for the extension. No error was displayed.
I experimented with the order of extensions in the viewer's entry, with no success.
I modified the "Associated Viewer" configuration value of the otherwise unaltered viewer configuration line, with the result that all configured file extensions were opened in that viewer.

By this elimination process I can tell for sure, that the error is not in the configuration of AS, but rather some function of the plugin (wlx and tcproxy). The extensions handled correctly are exactly those in the default configuration entry for Lister32, which I found in the slister.wlx binary:
MULTIMEDIA& (EXT="PDF" | EXT="DJVU" | EXT="DJV"| EXT="XPS" | EXT="CBZ" | EXT="CBR" )
Extensions that did not work: epub, mobi, chm, oxps

I checked with my AS 2.54 installation. the behavior was already the same then.

Is it possible to configure AS in a way such that it honors the list of extensions configured in AS rather than some internal list in the plugin?
If not, is it possible to change tcproxy accordingly? Or is this a misbehavior of the wlx plugin itself?
kretb

Post by kretb »

Is there someone already able to use the WEBDAV plugin with enew Salamander 4.0?
I use the new tcproxy_40 and I have updatet the plugin already to the version 3.0 (from 27.05.2019), but I always get the error message: "Exception raised in plugin davplug.wfx64"

/Bernd
Yuriy

Post by Yuriy »

WebDAV works fine for me in 4.0.
But mine is an older version, v2.5 - it seems that I have not updated it since 2013 :)
tukanos

Post by tukanos »

Yuriy wrote: 11 Sep 2019, 15:59 WebDAV works fine for me in 4.0.
But mine is an older version, v2.5 - it seems that I have not updated it since 2013 :)
He probably means the new version 3.0 (WebDAV) that was published at https://www.ghisler.com/plugins.htm

With a change log:
32+64 bit Access to Web servers (read+write) via the WebDAV protocol over HTTP and HTTPS, also known as Web Folders. The Web server needs to have WebDAV services installed, which are available for Microsoft IIS, Apache, and many others.
Need a WebDAV server for Windows? Try BarracudaDrive!
What's new?
1.5 adds Windows Vista/7 support, and fixes several problems.
1.9 adds Unicode support, fixes crashes on 64-bit Windows.
2.0 supports files >2GB
2.1 shows locked files with "r" attribute, lock owner in Alt+Enter
2.3 adds 64-bit support
2.4 sends file type (MIME type) when uploading a file
2.5 adds support for servers which append a slash to file names
2.6 adds scanning of QR codes shown by the Wifi Plugin on Android
2.7 Fixed rename problem with Barracudadrive server
2.8 Fixed access violation when server returns empty entries
2.9 Fixes crash/empty list when directory listing starts with byte order marker
3.0 Append / to path when creating folder and append option is checked Source available.
There is a source code available at - http://ghisler.fileburst.com/fsplugins/webdav_src.zip.
The binary - http://ghisler.fileburst.com/fsplugins/webdav.zip
kretb

Post by kretb »

Yuriy wrote: 11 Sep 2019, 15:59 WebDAV works fine for me in 4.0.
@Yuriy -
Are you using the Salamander 4.0 - 64 with TCProxy for 4.0-64 version?

I was testing it with the WebDAV_2.5-64 as well and it shows me the same error message

/Bernd
Yuriy

Post by Yuriy »

kretb wrote: 12 Sep 2019, 11:03 @Yuriy -
Are you using the Salamander 4.0 - 64 with TCProxy for 4.0-64 version?
Yes, that's what I am using. tcproxy.spl is dated 16.08.2019.

I have updated WebDAV plugin to 3.0 - and it still works fine for me, no errors.

As I have told manison when testing the last version of the proxy plugin, the only Total Commander plugin that gives me that "Exception" error message is DiskInternals_Reader. But that error is shown only when testing the modules for the first time after the launch - the plugin itself works fine after that message.

kretb, are you sure that WebDAV does not work for you? Do you see its icon in the upper panel?
kretb

Post by kretb »

@Yuriy:
Installation of the plugin was working well, I see the icon in the shell above, I can create a new account - this account have the same adjustment as on the old Salamneder 3.08, where it was working well - I see this new account in the webdav window, but as soon as I push on it I get this error message ("Exception raised in plugin davplug.wfx64")and a short time later it opens the protocol window (WebDav Logs) where you can only see:
"
Connect \Magnet2
================
Get dir:\
"
I'm using two other Plugin, which are woirking well (uLister and wMedia)

/Bernd
manison
Plugin Developer
Plugin Developer

Post by manison »

kretb wrote: 11 Sep 2019, 11:48 Is there someone already able to use the WEBDAV plugin with enew Salamander 4.0?
I reported the issue here: https://www.ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=54027
kretb

Post by kretb »

manison wrote: 15 Sep 2019, 22:53 I reported the issue here: https://www.ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=54027
Thanks manison - hope we will get a proper answer
/Bernd
PdG

Post by PdG »

SvA wrote: 28 Aug 2019, 22:19 Is it possible to configure AS in a way such that it honors the list of extensions configured in AS rather than some internal list in the plugin?
If not, is it possible to change tcproxy accordingly? Or is this a misbehavior of the wlx plugin itself?
Also tried sLister, with exactly the same result. I haven't seen any source code of TCproxy yet, but the readme states:
If not, please send a bug report to:
support@manison.cz
Quick'n'dirty workaround: change the last entry *.* in the Viewers list, which normally associates the Internal Viewer, to Total Commander Proxy (slister.wlx64) (Plugin).
fjeli

Post by fjeli »

Hello, I am trying to configure a .pdf viewer in AS 4, and I have not been able to do it with the settings published here for uLister and sLister with TC Proxy. Can you tell me in detail step by step how to do it? I have never used TC Proxy before. Thank you!