Total Commander Proxy Plugin

Support for developers of new plugins, third-party plugin announcements and discussions.
Patrik

Re: Total Commander Proxy Plugin

Post by Patrik »

Good morning Manison

Salamander has been update to the latest version.
Would it be possible for you to update your plugin too, so I can continue to use 2 of my lister plugins ?

Thank you very much for your time and effort.
Patrik
manison
Plugin Developer
Plugin Developer

Post by manison »

Updated version of Total Commander Proxy Plugin for final version of Altap Salamander 3.0 is available for download.
McLion

Post by McLion »

:D Thanks a million!
MamaBear

Post by MamaBear »

manison wrote:With this plugin for Altap Salamander file manager you can use plugins originally designed for Total Commander.

Total Commander Proxy Plugin for Altap Salamander
Copyright (C) 2007-2014 Manison Softworks

http://www.manison.cz
support@manison.cz

Installation
1. Make a new folder in the Salamander plugins folder named appropriately.
2. Extract Total Commander Proxy Plugin package in that folder.
3. Go to Altap Salamander > Plugins > Plugins Manager...
4. Click Add.
5. Navigate to the folder containing the plugin and select tcproxy.spl.
6. When asked for a Total Commander plugin, browse for a file system (wfx), packer (wcx) or lister (wlx) plugin or a ZIP archive containing one of mentioned plugin types.
I'm having a hard time figuring out number 6 here. What is the file name of the wfx and where do I get it. It is not apparently in this zipped download?
SelfMan

Post by SelfMan »

You have to go to the TC website, download the desired plugin, extract it and then link as mentioned.
vld

Post by vld »

The latest version - 0.81 [0.8.81.64] (2014-04-06), does not work at all on Salamder 2.54. I have had to resort to an older v0.6 [0.6.60.95] (2010-08-22).

Do you have a newer version then 0.6 that will work on Salamander 2.54? I am trying to get the MTP plugin (Windows Media Audio 2 (MP3) v1.2) to work.
frax

Post by frax »

I was just trying the TC ADB plugin http://www.totalcmd.net/plugring/android_adb.html

But with no luck. This is on AS 3.03 64-bit, using the lastest tc plugin (which is for AS 3.0, right?)
--
Hugo Ahlenius
vld

Post by vld »

frax wrote:I was just trying the TC ADB plugin http://www.totalcmd.net/plugring/android_adb.html

But with no luck. This is on AS 3.03 64-bit, using the lastest tc plugin (which is for AS 3.0, right?)
I will try and see how this works on 2.54. I gave up on 3.x version as there was not much improvement over 2.54 and really tired of the NAG screen popping up.
manison
Plugin Developer
Plugin Developer

Post by manison »

Updated version 0.82 of Total Commander Proxy Plugin is available for download. This version adds Russian translation provided by Yuriy Melkov and also improves support for Unicode WFX plugins. This should enable Android ADB plugin and possibly some others.
tukanos

Post by tukanos »

vld wrote:
frax wrote:I was just trying the TC ADB plugin http://www.totalcmd.net/plugring/android_adb.html

I will try and see how this works on 2.54. I gave up on 3.x version as there was not much improvement over 2.54 and really tired of the NAG screen popping up.
The improvement will come. However, without supporting the developers nothing will happen. AS 2.54 will not be supported in the future so you will be using a relict of the past.
vld

Post by vld »

tukanos wrote:
vld wrote:

The improvement will come. However, without supporting the developers nothing will happen. AS 2.54 will not be supported in the future so you will be using a relict of the past.
Sorry if I sound hard, but that is an old excuse. There are requests that have been asked for several years and nothing has come of it. Now 3.x is out and more money is asked for to get rid of a nag screen on a product that does not show much improvement and crashes more then the previous version. If v3.x did show some exceptional updates, then I would gladly pay something for it. I will stick with 2.54 until I can find a suitable replacement. Salamander "was" a good product but it has fallen behind times.
tukanos

Post by tukanos »

vld wrote: Sorry if I sound hard, but that is an old excuse. There are requests that have been asked for several years and nothing has come of it. Now 3.x is out and more money is asked for to get rid of a nag screen on a product that does not show much improvement and crashes more then the previous version. If v3.x did show some exceptional updates, then I would gladly pay something for it. I will stick with 2.54 until I can find a suitable replacement. Salamander "was" a good product but it has fallen behind times.
AS did fall behind, that is a fact. There are requests that are years old that is true also. The developers did not set any plans before on the requests. Now they are promising that they will fill the most painful gaps like Unicode. I think you need to say that it is first payed upgrade from... maybe late 2000 or so...

You have to see it also in the broader picture. Developers were also living lives and feeding their families and I think AS is not enough for that. In the end the more users buy the new versions the more motivated will be the develpers to fulfill their promises, it is simple as that.

Stick with what you feel comfortable, I'm saying you will miss out in the future. The truth is that only TC (maybe FAR if you want command line) can compete and some features are really good - that is why I have a orig lic. also. That said I'm now returning to AS to see if the developers will keep their promises.

> If v3.x did show some exceptional updates, then I would gladly pay something for it.
Everyone has different needs and it is only up to you to decide. Maybe AS can offer that for you in the future maybe not.

EDIT:
For example, for me the difference in network speed means hours of difference, which is one of the most important factors for me. My time is EXPENSIVE.
tukanos

Post by tukanos »

I want to report a bug in AS or tproxy plugin.

If I have AS x64 3.06 installed with all the tproxy plugins configured. The tproxy plugins will disappear when new AS x86 3.06 installation is performed. The restore from settings does not help. You have to all the proxy programs again.

Is there a reason for such behaviour?
Petr Solin
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Petr Solin »

When you install x86 version, it is searching for new plugins when first started. The reason is x64 version has fewer plugins, e.g. WinSCP and UnACE plugins are found this way (they are not in x64 version). The part of this process is also checking for plugins with missing executable files - when found, such plugins are removed from Salamander because it is not possible to load them and use them. And that's the problem you are dealing with, you have installed TCProxy plugins to x64 version directory (C:\Program Files\Altap Salamander\plugins), but not to x86 version directory (C:\Program Files (x86)\Altap Salamander\plugins). The directory for x86 version maybe did not exist at all (before installation of x86 version). So x86 version will remove all TCProxy plugins because of missing executable files at its first start, this is by design, so we will not fix it.

How to install x86 version of Salamander next time:
-install it, but do not start it at once
-install TCProxy plugins for x86 version (according to directories in x64 version, names must be the same)
-start x86 version, TCProxy plugins will be found and not removed from Salamander

Or maybe even better, install without starting x64 and x86 versions, start x86 version, and after this you can safely install TCProxy plugins for both versions.
Yuriy

Post by Yuriy »

manison, could you please update your plugin for version 4.0?
Thanks!