Total Commander Proxy Plugin

Support for developers of new plugins, third-party plugin announcements and discussions.
SvA

Post by SvA »

Thank you, manison, for this plugin. It works great for most wfx plugins.

I tested Environment Variables 1.3.0.222v.

This plugin takes Salamander down (the process silently ceases to exest) whenever I try to navigate to the "Current process (Total Commander)" folder.

Is this a bug in the proxy or some dependency on TC in the wfx plugin itself? Is there anything you or altap could do about this? Especially the fact that Salamander vanishes without even displaying an indication of an error disturbs me.

I use AS 2.5 on WinXP SP2
manison
Plugin Developer
Plugin Developer

Post by manison »

SvA, thanks for the feedback.

I downloaded the Environment Variables plugin and I have no problem with it. Can you please upgrade your Altap Salamander to latest version 2.51? It features improved error handling that could catch your problem. The behavior is as expected in Total Commander? Do you have any shell extension installed? If so, try to disable icon overlay handlers in Options > Configuration > Icon Overlays (only available in AS 2.51).
SvA

Post by SvA »

Thanks, manison, for your prompt reply.
I tested it with 2.51 -- with the same result. No debug information available. I even recorded the crash with Sysinternal's Process Monitor: nothing to be found that even remotely looks like a problem. When I press enter with the Current Process entry activated, Process Monitor records thread exits for Salamander's treads, followed by registry key closes and file closes and finaly process exit.

But then I stopped some other running apps and tried again (in order to get less background noise while recording. This time, the plugin worked!
I finaly could trace it back to the presence of Opera 9.2 in the system as an activated SVS virtual application. Opera does not even need to run, just the layer activated (i.e. visible to the system) in order to trigger the malfunction. So I guess it is not an issue with either of the plugins, nor with Salamander, but rather with my virtual application or the Software Virtualisation Solution itself. Since I rarely use that layer I am going to ignore the issue.

Thanks again for your assistence.
manison
Plugin Developer
Plugin Developer

Post by manison »

SvA, thank you for the investigation.
Zero3K

Post by Zero3K »

When using the t-pot (http://code.google.com/p/t-pot) filesystem plugin with it and copying a file off of the iPhone/iPod Touch, it displays a different Copy dialog than expected. Altap Salamander then becomes very slow.
manison
Plugin Developer
Plugin Developer

Post by manison »

Zero3K wrote:When using the t-pot (http://code.google.com/p/t-pot) filesystem plugin with it and copying a file off of the iPhone/iPod Touch, it displays a different Copy dialog than expected. Altap Salamander then becomes very slow.
What copy dialog do you expect? Does Total Commander also slow down? I do have neither iPod nor iPhone and I cannot check this out.
Zero3K

Post by Zero3K »

manison wrote:
Zero3K wrote:When using the t-pot (http://code.google.com/p/t-pot) filesystem plugin with it and copying a file off of the iPhone/iPod Touch, it displays a different Copy dialog than expected. Altap Salamander then becomes very slow.
What copy dialog do you expect? Does Total Commander also slow down? I do have neither iPod nor iPhone and I cannot check this out.
1. I expect to see the Copy dialog that Altap Salamander uses.
2. No, Total Commander doesn't allow me to click in its window while its busy copying files.
manison
Plugin Developer
Plugin Developer

Post by manison »

Zero3K wrote:1. I expect to see the Copy dialog that Altap Salamander uses.
The progress dialogs will be improved in a future version of the Proxy plugin.
Zero3K wrote:2. No, Total Commander doesn't allow me to click in its window while its busy copying files.
Salamander's main windows should be disabled as well during the copy operation. I'll check this out together with the progress dialogs. Thanks.
Zero3K

Post by Zero3K »

So, did you fix those problems yet?
manison
Plugin Developer
Plugin Developer

Post by manison »

Zero3K wrote:So, did you fix those problems yet?
No, due to the lack of my free time these problems have not been fixed yet.
ino

Re: PREVIEW: Total Commander File System Proxy Plugin

Post by ino »

manison wrote: Download Total Commander File System Proxy Plugin from the project page.
manison, could you please update your tcfs.spl plugin to latest AS2.52b1, I miss that a lot ;-)
manison
Plugin Developer
Plugin Developer

Post by manison »

ino wrote:manison, could you please update your tcfs.spl plugin to latest AS2.52b1, I miss that a lot ;-)
Thanks for your interest. Please check out the updated version.
ino

Post by ino »

manison wrote:
ino wrote:manison, could you please update your tcfs.spl plugin to latest AS2.52b1, I miss that a lot ;-)
Thanks for your interest. Please check out the updated version.
Thanks for update, it works perfectly!
JohnFredC

Post by JohnFredC »

I just downloaded AS2.52b1 and tried to add a few TC wfx plugins with the latest version of tcfs.spl referenced in the above post.

Salamander refuses to add any of the TC wfx plugins I have tried. It wants an associated language (.slg) file which, of course, the TC wfx plugins do not have.

I know I had this working in the past. What am I missing?

The .wfx and .spl files are properly in each plugin folder.

Thanks in advance.
Mouse-centric, Registered
ino

Post by ino »

JohnFredC wrote:Salamander refuses to add any of the TC wfx plugins I have tried. It wants an associated language (.slg) file which, of course, the TC wfx plugins do not have.
Extract all files properly from tcfs.zip- there is folder "lang" which contains the missing file english.slg.

tcfs.zip contains following:
lang\english.slg
history.txt
readme.txt
tcfs.spl