Search found 6 matches

by Liquidator
20 Aug 2026, 18:32
Forum: Feature Requests
Topic: Unicode Support
Replies: 50
Views: 565724

Re: Unicode Support


Thanks @liquidator
your comment make sense.
I've got a compact settings in preferences but clearly not compact enough when activating, it will be fix :)
font are not the same because I'm displaying everything in DirectX with modern renderer. But perhaps I need a setting to let you bring your ...
by Liquidator
18 Aug 2026, 10:02
Forum: Feature Requests
Topic: Unicode Support
Replies: 50
Views: 565724

Re: Unicode Support


Thank you for the feedback @liquidator

differences seems not obvious for me
https://github.com/RedSalamanders/RedSalamander/blob/main/docs/res/salamander-vs-red.png?raw=true
But yes this is a new product and there is a lot of other differences
If you want to spend sometime to explain what you ...
by Liquidator
16 Aug 2026, 17:52
Forum: Feature Requests
Topic: Unicode Support
Replies: 50
Views: 565724

Re: Unicode Support


try RedSalamander :D

https://github.com/RedSalamanders/RedSalamander

or just
winget install RedSalamanders.RedSalamander

still not finale but progressing well with a lot of surprise for the new version cooking


Visually, Red Salamander bears no resemblance to the original product; it is ...
by Liquidator
14 Aug 2026, 04:00
Forum: Feature Requests
Topic: Unicode Support
Replies: 50
Views: 565724

Re: Unicode Support

Georgd wrote: 11 Aug 2026, 12:38 To my understanding, several forks (see https://github.com/OpenSalamander/salamander/forks) have working Unicode support, e.g. Sally or Samandarin
Sally = crash

Samandarin = work good
by Liquidator
15 Jul 2026, 16:17
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Open Salamander: Samandarin [version: 5.0-samandarin-0.11
Replies: 0
Views: 5029

Open Salamander: Samandarin [version: 5.0-samandarin-0.11

I can finally recommend a working version with Unicode support—also from the Czech developer KRtekTM. He preserved the familiar original interface and most of the plugins, as well as the multilingual interface options. I’d recommend Release 11; it’s perfectly usable for daily tasks! I am incredibly ...
by Liquidator
15 Jul 2026, 16:06
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: RedSalamander
Replies: 4
Views: 46296

Re: RedSalamander

That’s not a salamander; that’s something terrifying and incomprehensible. :D