back/forward functions for folders

We welcome any suggestions for new features or improvements in Altap Salamander. Please post one suggestion per report.
omega

back/forward functions for folders

Post by omega »

I have a 5 button mouse (including the scrollwheel). If i use windows explorer i can use the 2 other buttons to go back/forward just like in a webbrowser.

Is it possible to implement this functionality in SS?
KNUT

Re: back/forward functions for folders

Post by KNUT »

omega wrote:I have a 5 button mouse (including the scrollwheel). If i use windows explorer i can use the 2 other buttons to go back/forward just like in a webbrowser.
With my Microsoft IntelliMouse (optical, driver version: 5.20.413.0) it works like this :D
:shock:
Kind regards, KNUT
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

omega wrote:I have a 5 button mouse (including the scrollwheel). If i use windows explorer i can use the 2 other buttons to go back/forward just like in a webbrowser.
Back/Forward commands will be supported from SS 2.5 beta 11.
KNUT wrote:With my Microsoft IntelliMouse (optical, driver version: 5.20.413.0) it works like this :D
:shock:
Interesting...
omega

Post by omega »

Mine is Microsoft IntelliMouse Optical and i just installed the 5.50.661.0 driver.
Doesn't seem to work like you described. Anyway glad this will be implemented in beta 11 :D
Josip Tosic

Post by Josip Tosic »

Maybe KNUT configured his IntelliPoint to send Alt+Left and Alt+Right?

IIRC, some older versions actually sent these key codes to applications. Gave up on IntelliPoint a long, long time ago. It's friggin' huge, and only has one decent option - scroll acceleration. I can live without it, though.
Josip Tosic - the Learned, Impartial and Very Relaxed