Quick search mode: improvements

We welcome any suggestions for new features or improvements in Altap Salamander. Please post one suggestion per report.
KNUT

My votes...

Post by KNUT »

Hi everyone!
Nice discussion in this thread :o
  • My votes / suggestions for the quicksearch function:
  • From next version of Servant Salamander the '<' key could be used as "wild" character => very good!
  • Highlighting is very neet!
  • Option 'Hide Nonmatching Names' (with a hot key) would be great!
  • Current behavior of quicksearch is good enough - no changes necessary
  • I do not often switch between German/English keyboard layout
Kind regards, KNUT

Select quickly-searched text

Post by VirtualRaider »

A nice feature that I'd like to see is the hability to select different instances of entries that match a quick search.

For instance, if my mp3 directory contains this files:

The Cure - 1982 - 06 - A Strange Day.mp3
The Cure - 1985 - 02 - Kyoto Song.mp3
The Cure - 1989 - 07 - Fascination Street.mp3

I can quick-search for the top and bottom ones by going c\st but if I hit the spacebar on either it WON'T select them while in quick search mode.

It would be really helpful to be able to do these selections while still in quick-search mode, because it's sometimes quicker this way than going through the select mask filters, specially if I don't know beforehand the exact criteria I want for the search (I might be exploring a net directory belonging to somebody else).

+Raider
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Re: Select quickly-searched text

Post by Jan Rysavy »

VirtualRaider wrote:I can quick-search for the top and bottom ones by going c\st but if I hit the spacebar on either it WON'T select them while in quick search mode.
Space is valid file name character so spacebar must be reserved for quick-search.

You can use Insert key to select-and-exit-quick-search or the Shift+Up / Down to select item and go to previous / next item in quick-search mode.

For all shortcuts please look at http://www.altap.cz/salam_en/features/keyboard.html (Quick Search section).
zarevak
Plugin Developer
Plugin Developer

Post by zarevak »

Hi,
It's true that you can use Insert to select files, but I'm using [Space] as an Essential Keyboard Shortcut:
- Calculate the occupied space by the focused directory and select it: Space
Third item in Commands section: http://www.altap.cz/salam_en/features/k ... l#commands

But I don't know how to solve this. I don't like the idea of adding another new hotkey and I don't like the idea to change behavior of [Space] between hotkey and a character in quicksearch depending on the file names....