Deletion of files - sometimes one is "locked"

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
antp

Deletion of files - sometimes one is "locked"

Post by antp »

I think that it started to appear with 2.52 b1, probably due to the auto-refresh (my guess) :
when I select "lots" of files (e.g. 50 or 100) and delete them with shift+delete, it often happens that for one of the files it randomly says that the file is locked and cannot be deleted. If I click "retry" it can delete the file, since it was not really locked, except maybe by itself.
So my guess would be that at a time the auto-refresh reads some file info at the exact same time as the deletion is done.
If you can't reproduce that I can try to check what amount of file and what size cause that.
SelfMan

Post by SelfMan »

It would be good to specify the file types yoiu are deleting. (file extensions).
Do you have some additional shell extensions installed?
antp

Post by antp »

I think that I had that with both small bitmap/jpeg files, and larger files like rar series of files, as those are the kind of files that I handle the most often.

For images I have XnView's extension showing preview in context menu, for rar there is WinRAR's contextual menu, but none is involved when I delete files as menu is not show.
And anyway I had these installed already in previous version of Salamander, with which I had no problem.
Jan Patera
Plugin Developer
Plugin Developer

Re: Deletion of files - sometimes one is "locked"

Post by Jan Patera »

antp wrote:"lots" of files (e.g. 50 or 100) and delete them with shift+delete, it often happens that for one of the files it randomly says that the file is locked and cannot be deleted
What kind of view do you have? Is it the thumbnail view?
antp

Post by antp »

No, the detailed list view.
It is probably not so easy to reproduce: I tested it, had the problem in 2 out of the 4 first tests, but then I could repeat again the paste / select all / delete without problem at least 15 times.