Directory Compare breaks for time differences

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
Petr Solin
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Re: Directory Compare breaks for time differences

Post by Petr Solin »

therube wrote:But it is flagging as different the 1 hour 2 second difference files, which are in fact the same.

Code: Select all

05/20/2006 12:17:02 vs 05/19/2006 11:17:01 -> 1 hour 1 sec
09/18/2008 11:33:18 vs 09/18/2008 10:33:16 -> 1 hour 2 sec
I have tried it again and it seems to work well here, the 1 hour 2 seconds difference is ignored as expected
(if both "Compare Directories: ignore ..." checkboxes are selected in configuration).

First pair is different because of date (05/20 versus 05/19). Second pair should not be different and it is not here when I test it, please double check your options and find out if the only reason for selecting is the file time (and not e.g. file size or attributes).
therube

Post by therube »

I may have been mistaken, confused. I'll have to try checking this evening.

It may have been that I had 3600 s set in General, but did not (which I am not sure of at the moment) have the one or two hours difference enabled.

What I'm thinking happened is that Directory Compare was notifying me of one or two hours pairs, even though the actual option itself was not enabled. (Seeing that message led me to believe that it was. I would expect that if General, one or two hours is not enabled, then Confirmations, Compare Directory options should not come into play at all?)

The first pair may be a bug (i.e., it should not have been flagged), depending on how you want to look at it. It happened over midnight, so the date is one day different, though still only 1 hour. (Kind of thought I should have included the "PM".)
WinXP Pro SP3 or Win7 x86 | SS 2.54
therube

Post by therube »

> I may have been mistaken, confused

Yes.

> It may have been that I had 3600 s set in General, but did not (which I am not sure of at the moment)
> have the one or two hours difference enabled.

Yes.

> What I'm thinking happened is that Directory Compare was notifying me of one or two hours pairs,
> even though the actual option itself was not enabled. (Seeing that message led me to believe that it was.

Yes.

> The first pair may be a bug (i.e., it should not have been flagged), depending on how you want to look at it.

No. Once the one or two hours difference option was enabled, no longer an issue.
WinXP Pro SP3 or Win7 x86 | SS 2.54