Problem with word wrap and viewer's windows size

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
otrov

Problem with word wrap and viewer's windows size

Post by otrov »

There seems to be a problem with word wrap in Internal Viewer: word wrap is set to full screen, so if I restore the window I lose part of text. Is this happening to everyone?

I also have question for saving window state on viewers: is window state (if set in options) remembered only for internal viewer? For example if I set the window size of database viewer, the state is not saved but it always starts maximized, even more if I restore the window it does not restore to some previous state but always like top half vertical size. Does this make sense? Or is this happening only here?

Thanks
Ether

Re: Problem with word wrap and viewer's windows size

Post by Ether »

The viewer windows mostly copy the Salamander's main window size and state - if your main window is maximized and its basic size is half the screen, then your viewer window should behave the same.
Ελληνικά rulez.
therube

Post by therube »

Looks like word wrap wraps to the window size, which would be expected.
If you resize the window, you should see it interactively changing to fit the window.
Cannot confirm the loss of text?

Link to a document where this occurs for you?
WinXP Pro SP3 or Win7 x86 | SS 2.54
SvA

Post by SvA »

Take note: there is no word wrap in the internal viewer. The function is called Wrap only and there are no configuration options to go with it. Wrap always wraps at the window edge on any character boundry.
otrov

Post by otrov »

Yeah, viewer's windows are restored on the size main Salamander has, if restored. I was thinking that viewer's windows should remember it's own restore size, but this is also OK :)
Internal viewer has this as a setting in main configurations dialog, while Database viewer also has this option, but in Plugin Manager's configuration option

Sorry for misleading about word wrap. Now everything is fine, it must have been a problem with instance that I was running as I checked couple of time, then opened those files to see for line end characters or something unusual, but there was none.
I may throw bold assumption about collision with some of TC plugins that I run with TC wrapper, as I heavily tested many TC plugins recently, and run to various problems, but they were more obvious. When talking about, interesting crashes happen when using decClipboardFS plugin. I find it very useful as a plugin, but if I use it Salamander crashes after some time always

Thanks for your feedback :)
Ether

Post by Ether »

I've separated your request into another thread.
Ελληνικά rulez.