PictView: negative picture size

Discussion of bugs and problems found in Altap Salamander. In your reports, please be as descriptive as possible, and report one incident per report. Do not post crash reports here, send us the generated bug report by email instead, please.
pyonpyon

PictView: negative picture size

Post by pyonpyon »

Hi !

I have this problem on Vista for a few times : some pictures can't be displayed with PictView because, I guess, of a negative value of its size. My Vista is unstable at the beginning (I can't select anything with the mouse) but it stabilizes itself after -_-' So I think it was the issue but I was able to see the image I couldn't see before Vista become stable... I hope it's clear :$ (sorry for my english)..

Anyway, I don't know if this is linked to Vista. Has someone ever had the same problem ?

there is a screenshot if it can help

thank you !
Attachments
bugSalamander.png
bugSalamander.png (53.62 KiB) Viewed 8705 times
Jan Patera
Plugin Developer
Plugin Developer

Re: PictView: negative picture size

Post by Jan Patera »

pyonpyon wrote:there is a screenshot if it can help
No, screenshot doesn't help. Is it possible that the JPEG in question has the height of 63616 pixels? Please send us a sample file to our support email address: support (at sign) pictview.com - see the About dialog. Thanks!
zarevak
Plugin Developer
Plugin Developer

Post by zarevak »

pyonpyon wrote:My Vista is unstable at the beginning (I can't select anything with the mouse) but it stabilizes itself after -_-' So I think it was the issue but I was able to see the image I couldn't see before Vista become stable...
Just a note - Windows instability (and PictView problems) could be a result of a faulty/overheated memory modules.

To test your memory modules for problems you can use MemTest86+ software from http://www.memtest.org/ - Download "Pre-Compiled Bootable ISO (.zip)" and after unZIPing burn the extracted ISO image to the CD and boot your computer from it.
Jan Rysavy
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Jan Rysavy »

zarevak wrote:Just a note - Windows instability (and PictView problems) could be a result of a faulty/overheated memory modules.
Yes, we can confirm it. Try the mentioned MemTest.

Post by Guest »

Hi !

Thanks for your help !
I have a problem with my CD driver :oops: so I couldn't run memtest+ :(
With memtest (the exec file), I had no errors (during 115%).
The image size is correct (2.560x1.920). I never had this problem under XP so I think it comes from Vista. I was just wondering if this could come from a compatibility issue or from vista, and if someone had the same problem :?

Thx again !
Jan Patera
Plugin Developer
Plugin Developer

Post by Jan Patera »

Anonymous wrote:The image size is correct (2.560x1.920).
Can you please send us the image file?
pyonpyon

Post by pyonpyon »

oops sorry I forgot...

but it happens with many files. for a moment I can view the picture and the next minut, I can't :s

It seems to happen only with files I recently copied but i'm not sure. I sent a sample by email.

thx !
Ether

Post by Ether »

With memtest (the exec file), I had no errors (during 115%).
The memory test is supposed to run many times over, because the errors often don't show up the first time. Also, the test isn't very reliable when run inside an operating system (Windows), because the program can't test the memory used by the OS.
Ελληνικά rulez.
Jan Patera
Plugin Developer
Plugin Developer

Post by Jan Patera »

pyonpyon wrote:I have this problem on Vista for a few times : some pictures can't be displayed with PictView because, I guess, of a negative value of its size. My Vista is unstable at the beginning (I can't select anything with the mouse) but it stabilizes itself after -_-' So I think it was the issue but I was able to see the image I couldn't see before Vista become stable... I hope it's clear :$ (sorry for my english)..
I have finally been able to reproduce this problem. Finallly. The problem was occuring only in thumbnail mode when there were some .MOV files from the digicam in the same folder.
It will be fixed in the next Altap Salamander version (2.52).
The same problem as here.
However, the instability seems to be a different issue.
pyonpyon

Post by pyonpyon »

wooow kewl ! thx a lot !!!

by the way, I love the diskmap =) especially when there are a lot of music, it's soo fun x)