Total Commander Proxy Plugin

Support for developers of new plugins, third-party plugin announcements and discussions.
Ether

Post by Ether »

The license wrote:... may only be used within that file manager ... Use in any other file manager that supports the Total Commander plugin interface is only allowed with express permission of the developer.
gnozal wrote:Total Commander CD/DVD Burning Plugin only works with TotalCMD, not with EFCommander, SpeedCommander, ...
The license said nothing that implies your statement.
gnozal

Post by gnozal »

ether wrote:The license said nothing that implies your statement.
It's from my experience.
Anyway, the license forbids the use of this plugin with Altap Salamander.

Post by Guest »

a networkalt plugin???
manison
Plugin Developer
Plugin Developer

Post by manison »

Updated test version available for download.

Copy/move from local file system to plugin to should work. For full list of changes see the history.txt file included in the package.

Test at your own risk.
Stefan_C

this one is not working

Post by Stefan_C »

Tried this one but no succes. probably the reg file must be modified. Also it would be nice if one could open other command processor (like 4NT or Take command)
[url]http://www.totalcmd.net/plugring/tconsole.html[url]
Genry

Post by Genry »

manison wrote:Updated test version available for download.
-- Very big thanks. I tested this version with ADO Data Sources plugin for Total Commander. It's works fine :) Only plugin icon are not in displayed in the Change Drive Menu.
manison
Plugin Developer
Plugin Developer

Post by manison »

Genry wrote: -- Very big thanks. I tested this version with ADO Data Sources plugin for Total Commander. It's works fine :) Only plugin icon are not in displayed in the Change Drive Menu.
Thanks for feedback, Genry. I tested that plugin and noticed that not only the icon is displayed but nor the plugin name is shown in the Change Drive Menu. I workarounded that weird plugin behavior and in the future I may add some default plugin icon like the TC does.
manison
Plugin Developer
Plugin Developer

Re: this one is not working

Post by manison »

Stefan_C wrote:Tried this one but no succes. probably the reg file must be modified. Also it would be nice if one could open other command processor (like 4NT or Take command)
[url]http://www.totalcmd.net/plugring/tconsole.html[url]
I tested that plugin and discovered that it completely replaces the TC panel on its own. Unfortunately this is not supported in AS.
StefanC

Post by StefanC »

Thanks for feedback, manison.
Ether

Post by Ether »

Is there any way to show the plug-in icon before it's loaded? I don't see it in the Change Drive menu before I use the plug-in for the first time.
manison
Plugin Developer
Plugin Developer

Post by manison »

I'm setting the icon in the Connect method of the PluginInterface. I'm not sure whether AS can determine plugin's icon in any other way before the plugin is actually loaded.
Ether

Post by Ether »

I'd say it's something with bitmap resources in the plug-in file. As you can see in the Plugins Manager, the plug-ins without this specific bitmap resource are presented with a generic icon (a plug).
Petr Solin
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Petr Solin »

Thanks for making this plugin!

Plugin's icons are stored in registry and they are loaded on Salamander's start (independent on plugin's load). Find your plugin under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Altap\Altap Salamander 2.5\Plugins. You can see PluginIcons value with these icons here.

All you need to do is to set bitmap with icons using salamander->SetBitmapWithIcons in CPluginInterface::Connect and specify this icon in salamander->SetChangeDriveMenuItem. See DEMOPLUGin, it's used there and working well.

If you are doing this and it does not work, maybe it's something wrong with used bitmap format, please try to use the same format as DEMOPLUGin (or try to use directly the icon from DEMOPLUGin).
manison
Plugin Developer
Plugin Developer

Post by manison »

Petr, thanks for the information. I think I do it in pretty same way you described. The only think I don't care about at the moment is the icon's format. I get the icon from a TC plugin module using the ExtractIconEx(), then I draw the icon on bitmap and give it to Salamander. There is not a general problem with not displaying the icons but ether mentioned an issue that the icon is actually not displayed until the plugin is first loaded (accessed from Alt-F1/F2 menu).
Petr Solin
ALTAP Staff
ALTAP Staff

Post by Petr Solin »

Well, I have tested it on PROC 2.0 plugin (PROCFS.wfx) and it seems to work well here. Plugin's FS Icon is shown in the Change Drive menu (Alt+F1/F2) before I use the plugin (before its load).

Please let me know what to do to reproduce the problem with icon (what TC plugin, what version of Windows, color-depth of your display, etc.).