Total Commander Proxy Plugin

Support for developers of new plugins, third-party plugin announcements and discussions.
Ether

Post by Ether »

Ehm, it's weird. I ran one instance of AS, and all icons were loaded. Then I ran another instance (as other user, there are different plug-in settings) and one icon was loaded and the other not. After loading the plugin without icon, closing AS, running it again (again as the other user), the icon was there. I've no idea, what's causing this. I'll send more information as the issue comes up again.
frax

Post by frax »

Truly super cool, I have installed a number of plugins now, and it seems to work pretty ok.

One problem though - when there are some incorrect data and it tries to access something inaccessible, such as an SFTP server (mistyped URL) it locks up, I lack a way of interrupting and breaking the plugin.
manison
Plugin Developer
Plugin Developer

Post by manison »

frax wrote:One problem though - when there are some incorrect data and it tries to access something inaccessible, such as an SFTP server (mistyped URL) it locks up, I lack a way of interrupting and breaking the plugin.
Frax, can you please tell me what plugins cause these problems and how to reproduce them? I would take a closer look. In TC those situations can be interrupted? Thanks.
frax

Post by frax »

Well,
I just tried this one: sftp4tc 1.2.58.1a http://developer.berlios.de/project/sho ... up_id=2273

I tried a quick connection to the host asdf, username asdf and password asdf. TC returns control ok, but AS gets stuck on "Operation progress".

Here is another one, for MS SQL. I am not running the SQL server 2000 enterprise manager on my new vista machine, so it can't find any registry entries for any servers:
http://www.totalcmd.net/plugring/mssql.html
(not a bid deal, the ADO plugin works better, but you still might want to investigate why this fails!)

Thanks!
manison
Plugin Developer
Plugin Developer

Post by manison »

Ok, I tested the SFTP plugin and can reproduce the problem. Thanks for the information. Expect the fix soon. BTW why don't you use the WinSCP plugin that's bundled with AS?
frax

Post by frax »

I was just testing that one, I wanted to see if I could avoid buying the built-in winscp plugin.
manison
Plugin Developer
Plugin Developer

Post by manison »

Please download the updated version. This should fix the problem with not closing the progress window and a few other issues were also addressed.
frax

Post by frax »

Thanks! I just tested it, and I have another thing for your todo-list, if you have time...

When I test that sftp plugin that I mentioned before, if I log in to a server and work with a remote folder...

AS then locks up if I try to change to a local folder (I have primarily tested with Shift-C and Shift-.)

:)
manison
Plugin Developer
Plugin Developer

Post by manison »

frax wrote:AS then locks up if I try to change to a local folder (I have primarily tested with Shift-C and Shift-.)
I cannot reproduce this issue. Can you please post step by step instructions?
frax

Post by frax »

I do this - I open a secure ftp connection (using that plugin) to a sftp server that I have access to, using the "quick connection" option.

After logging in I see the files at that server. Without doing any further operations, I press alt-f2 to get the drive menu, and then I choose C:

AS then locks up.
manison
Plugin Developer
Plugin Developer

Post by manison »

I'm sorry, I'm not able to reproduce the problem. Can you see the "Listing directory" message window during download of remote directory contents? The switch to a local path is successful? (i.e. AS shows local folders and then locks up or you still see the previous remote folders?) What exactly means AS lock up? Is the main AS window disabled (i.e. does not receive keyboard and mouse input) or is the application hung (you can see "Not responding" message in the title bar or Task Manager)?
frax

Post by frax »

I can see the remote directory contents, and that is presented properly. (I can upload/download and change folders etc)

AS stops responding as I try to change to a local path. The window is not updating, and it says "not responding" in task mgr.

In task manager I can see "plugin_sftp" and "Total Commander 6.51" both are "not responding".
manison
Plugin Developer
Plugin Developer

Post by manison »

OK, I'll try to investigate the problem. For now please download and install the modified version. When the AS hungs again start a second instance of AS and then go to the Help > Task list menu. Select the hung process and hit the Break button. Then copy the message and send it to support {at} manison {dot} cz. Thank you.
crystalidea

Post by crystalidea »

trying to use msi plugin 1.2 - failed to load.
http://ghisler.fileburst.com/plugins/msi_plugin.zip
manison
Plugin Developer
Plugin Developer

Post by manison »

The MSI plugin is a packer plugin (WCX extension). The proxy only supports file system plugins (WFX extension).